“a breath of fresh air”
Review of Ullswater View

Ullswater View
Ranked #1 of 3 Watermillock B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Attentive staff & owner, modern feel and comfortable bed. Living out of our suitcase for three weeks now this place is what we needed. Full breakfast was excellent and no problem with facilities in comparison to other places we have stayed.

1  Thank Darren W

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed at Ullswater View for a couple of nights in the Greendale room. I travelled on my own as a single female. When booking I asked for a room a good view and certainly was not disappointed, the view was fantastic. The bed was really comfortable and the room had a modern flat screen television and iPod dock, tea and coffee facilities with plenty of options. The bathroom had a shower, no bath but was quite spacious. I was really satisfied with the room. Plenty of parking which always helps. No chocolates on the bed, but perhaps they are only for certain rooms!

When I arrived apparently the owner was on the telephone so I am presuming it was her daughter who showed me to the room. Very pleasant and told me what I needed to know at the time. Rang the bell later on and a lady came who I am presuming was Julie? She was very helpful telling me where to visit to take some good photos which I was keen to do over the two days. I didn't see anyone else that day. The bar was a courtesy bar which I used once that evening and took it to my room.

Breakfast was good both mornings with plenty of choice. The lady who served me on the second morning was really pleasant and welcoming.

I would certainly visit again and can highly recommend Ullswater View.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at ullswater view. was exactly what we expected. Lovely, comfortable room, fantastic breakfast and Julie was a very helpful and welcoming host. Highly recommended. We will be returning :-)

1  Thank Anne S
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed in the deluxe spa bath room at the Ullswater View and were very pleased with the hotel! The room was excellently decorated and offered a very comfortable night’s sleep. The room provided lots of little extras including an iPod dock, a flat screen TV & chocolates on the pillows with a lovely view of the lake.

We booked a couple of months in advance but failed to receive any confirmation from the hotel after paying our deposit through the website. As we were camping in the area during the week prior to our night’s stay, we popped in one afternoon to make sure everything was okay and that we were in fact booked in. We were greeted by the owner who was very apologetic about the lack of confirmation and assured us everything went through okay. After finding out that we were camping (and the weather hadn’t been too great!) she told us she would have our room ready first thing so we could ignore check in times and have access to our room as early as we wanted, which we felt was very hospitable and really added the personal touch to what was already a good service!

Our sleep was undisturbed and the breakfast in the morning was great, there were a few different options on the menu to choose from and the girl who took our order was well presented and very polite. All the ingredients seemed of high quality and were cooked to perfection.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Ullswater View and will definitely return in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Only stayed one night but this is a lovely little place. Really easy to find and central location for visiting Ullswater. Stayed in a Loadale Room which was lovely very well decorated and very clean modern, flat screen TV, ipod dock, free WiFi, tea / coffee making, bed was really comfortable, bathroom was especially nice with fab walk in shower. Lovely view over the lake in the distance. there is an honesty bar policy ( didn't use but great idea) nice lounge area to chill out in and seated area outside. Breakfast was lovely ( lots of choice) and staff very welcoming and helpful. A lovely place to chill out cant wait to go back - thank you

Room Tip: Loadale room has views of lake ullswater in distance
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Once again we had a fantastic stay at The Ullswater View, The rooms, staff and beakfast's were amazing and we cannot wait for our next visit in December. this is by far the best B&B that we have ever stayed in and couldnt recomend it highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a lovely little hotel in the perfect location. It was very easy to find, and the views from the bedrooms and the breakfast room were incredible. Julie was lovely, and even though we didn't see much of her throughout our stay, she always made the effort to talk to us and gave us directions to the best spots in the lakes. The breakfast was very nice, there was a great selection of both continental and cooked breakfasts. Our room was one of the more basic rooms, but was more than enough for what we needed, including an iPod docking station, which was a lovely touch. There is an honesty policy for any extra drinks, which is great, even though we didn't take advantage of that. The only tiny little point I would make is to get rid of the carpeted bathroom in the Blea room, and that the shower could be a bit bigger! But despite that, I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view, which is great. If you're going to be spending more time in the room...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watermillock
Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater
#1 of 7 in Pooley Bridge
Brackenrigg Inn
Brackenrigg Inn
#2 of 3 in Watermillock

Been to Ullswater View? Share your experiences!