“Wedding Anniversary”
Review of Ullswater View

Ullswater View
Ranked #1 of 3 Watermillock B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed for our wedding aniiversay. Had a fantastic stay. The room (a deluxe double) was beautiful, with a very confortable bed, and the bathroom very stylish. Julie gave us a warm welcome and made us feel at home for the whole of our stay. The views were stunning and the food brilliant. We would highly recommend the Ullswater view, definately on a par with, if not better than some more expensive hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2012

a very comfortable hoel. The rooms had been refurbished to a very hirh standard. The staff were very helpful and searched diligently for our mislaud mobile. The beakfast was homemade fresh and very tasty, we wished we had been able to stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband, myself and our 3 month old daughter stayed here for one night in June.
Our room was great- with a peep of the Lake. The bed was very large and the bathroom also spacious. We were staying in one of the recently refurbished rooms, and it was stylish and comfortable.
We had coffee in the conservatory, which was most pleasant and with a lovely view.
Our evening meal was brilliant. The mussels were fabulous. The home made fennel bread to accompany was gorgeous. The main meals were great too. We stayed at a more expensive hotel down the road later on in the week, and although the food in the other hotel was 'posher', I don't think it was as good.
The location of this hotel is also fine, but you do need to get in to your car to get to the local villages.
Breakfast was also very good.
We received a warm welcome and were well looked after.
I would rate this hotel as excellent if the downstairs area were a bit fresher, but I believe there are going to be some quite significant refurbishment works carried out there, and we will probably be back another time to check them out.

Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the ullswater view on our wedding anniversary had a beautiful evening meal mussels were great and ribeye steak was exceptional great nights sleep Hugh bed lovely room nice staff as a chefs self I was impressed with the home made bread as I have been doing my own bread for 20 years it a great touch somewhere to relax and enjoy a glass of wine let it down but would stay again thanks

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have just returned from here in which My family and I spent 2 nights. The welcome was friendly and inviting with a complimentary drink after our journey. The rooms where modern and gorgeously decorated with a lovely bright contemporary bathroom. The breakfasts were delicious. The guest house is situated 10 minutes drive from the Ullswater village and the Inn on the Lake hotel in which we were attending a wedding. I would highly recommend a stay at the Ullswater View in which you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We booked two rooms via booking.com for ourselves and my mum and dad for two nights. My brother also phoned direct to reserve a room. When he phoned he was informed I had only booked one room. Our other room had been double booked. This was a mistake on their part and they quickly rectified it by cancelling the other booking. But if my brother hadn’t phoned it would have been a shock on arrival. We were told that they are having teething problems due to the different booking systems. So I advise to call the hotel direct to confirm any bookings.
We booked due to the high rating on trip advisor and in general my findings are similar. But this time I tend to disagree with the general trend. On arrival we were greeted pleasantly and shown to our room. There is a long narrow passage between rooms and my first impression was oh dear. The carpet was very scruffy and had bleach marks all the way down it. My mum later commented to me as feeling the same. The marks looked like bucket rings.
The room itself was nice and roomy and had a large bed .It was very comfy and had nice clean bedding and good pillows. The bathroom was of a decent size. The problem came when trying to get ready as although there was room and a socket there was no dressing table and the hairdryer would not stretch to the large mirror on the wall. I ended up taking the mirror off the wall and propping it up on the chair near the socket and sitting on the floor to see. As the room could accommodate a dressing table i didn’t understand the logic. My mum also complained about her room being the same. Later my brother’s girlfriend visited us and independently commented on this. Maybe it’s a woman thing but I think its a small thing that needs improving. You could also hear every word that was said between rooms and if someone got up it would wake you as the floors creaked and you could hear the conversation.
It is advertised that you can relax in the conservatory. You are free to sit in it but the feel is of being in a dining room as it has old fashioned dark wood dining table and chairs in it. The room is open to non residents to eat and drink. It seems the proprietors are trying to attract custom in all directions and therefore not quite hitting the mark both in terms of decor and atmosphere.
The breakfast is held in a plain function room. Our table for four was very narrow and looked like the top table at a function (which it was). Again it didn’t hit the mark as a B&B breakfast room as it was very obviously geared towards functions and therefore again did not have a cosy atmosphere.
The cooked breakfast was of a good standard, lovely curly Cumberland sausage. The fresh bread was also great. The only thing missing for me was a fresh fruit salad although you could help yourself to the fruit bowl. The staffs were all friendly and helpful. I would rate the breakfast highly.
If you are just looking for a base and no more you will be happy here, if you like a cosy B&B this isn’t the place for you.
Will I return? The answer is no although it was a nice weekend away.

7  Thank bankrupt2
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your Review and we are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, as your review is incredibly lengthy I think it is just fair to say you stayed at the wrong guest house!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and cannot rate the level of service highly enough. Julie (the owner) on several occasions went out of her way improve our stay and even managed to source me a wet suit free of charge after realising the night before a triathlon I had left mine at home.

I would highly recommend the Ullswater View to any prospective visitor.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you Eren for your review and I just glad to be able to help.
See you next year for your triathlon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Watermillock
Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater
#1 of 1 in Berrier
The Patterdale Hotel
The Patterdale Hotel
#1 of 1 in Patterdale

Been to Ullswater View? Share your experiences!