Tripadvisor
Ramsbottom

“nice little place for a drink”
Review of Xlii Cafe Wine Bar

Xlii Cafe Wine Bar
Ranked #39 of 51 Restaurants in Ramsbottom
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited here for drinks one Sunday lunch for a fiends birthday.
very pleasant little place, staff friend, good display of gins.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (54)

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Great wee quirky bar, we visited on a Friday afternoon and had some amazing cocktails. Lovely friendly girl behind the bar.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed October 27, 2019

We dropped in here on a pub crawl across Rammy and me and my 2 friends were lucky to be ID'd. We're in our early/mid-twenties but we don't have a problem being asked for ID. We passed over our licenses and my mate was texting his girlfriend. A barman ordered him to approach the bar and, for some reason, took a disliking to him. None of us were served because of our 'attitudes.' We'd had no problems that night and couldn't understand what we'd done wrong. I don't know if we were too young to fit the older clientele they're obviously aiming for, but we thankfully left straight away, without spending anything, to continue our night elsewhere.

Date of visit: October 2019
5  Thank Joni L
Reviewed July 17, 2019

Can’t really fault the drinks at this place but the blonde barmaid who works there has to be one of the rudest people I have ever come across. On one occasion she stormed outside and shouted ‘RIGHT EVERYONE GET INSIDE NOW’. On a more recent visit I had gone outside to get in my booked taxi and she came outside and abruptly shouted “er isn’t that my taxi” before muttering something under her breath and storming inside. Not the welcoming presence you’d at expect at a small cosy bar!

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Ipbbb
Reviewed May 26, 2019

Went for a couple of drinks and stayed all night. Very generous free nibbles were dished out to everyone (apparently every Sunday) and it was delicious.

Date of visit: May 2019