“Good value”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ramsbottom
manchester
“Good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 1 night as we had wanted to try one of the local restaurants that had been recommended to us (Hearth of the Ram -beautiful!) and it worked out at about £7 more than a taxi each way.
It's tucked away at one end of the high street so in a lovely quiet location and very pretty too. There is plenty of parking too.
The lady who checked us in was lovely and chatty and directed us to our room which was clean and simply done. It had everything you need for a 1 night stay, bed, shower, tv, iron.
We didn't get to use the pool etc as we didn't have enough time.
Overall, it's a good value, simple, pleasant hotel and I'd stay here again next time we visit the town.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dinglenoam
J-Asher-Taylor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you found your room comfortable, I do hope to see you again in the future and maybe try out our signature dishes here.

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
St Leonards-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

An unexpected visit to relatives in Ramsbottom resulted in a last minute booking at this Lavender Hotel and what a wonderful three night stay I had. The hotel is situated at the North end of the town on a hill with ample parking and good wheelchair access. Rooms are spacious and well equipped and extremely clean. There was a wedding reception on the Saturday night but my sleep was undisturbed as the room was at the back of the hotel.
Breakfast was a treat in the Grand dining room with its far reaching view across the town to the hills. You may choose from a selection of cereals fresh fruit yoghurts and pastries before ordering your full English or Vegetarian alternative.
Coupled with friendly staff, a gym and swimming pool, and bar and restaurant facilities my stay was most enjoyable.

Room Tip: I had room 9 on the 1st floor through the bar and at the back of the hotel. Double bed and single wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank parlezvu
Dear Guest,

Thank you for kind words and trip advisor, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and breakfast exceeded your expectations, the views from our restaurant are wonderful i'm glad you got to enjoy them. We look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is a brisk ten minute stroll from the pubs down the hill, walked past a pond with ducks and geese, very nice setting. Plenty of bars once u get down the hill, guided by locals to try bitters or real ales. Drank that for the rest of the week!

Room has all u need including a heater in both the room and bathroom. Gym/leisure room is fully equipped.

Breakfast selection was good but quantity was less, probably because it was Tuesday morning and there were only a handful of guests. Nevertheless, breakfast was yummy especially my first bury black pudding!

Overall, a nice stay. Keep it up!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Austin J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of our facilities and you enjoyed your breakfast. I am glad you had time to visit our local town and enjoyed made the most of the local beers. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

General manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Booked in here as we were visiting relatives in the area - it was in an ideal place but I was bothered by previous reviews re the accommodation. No need to worry - yes, its a little dated (patterned carpets etc) but the room we stayed in (34) was clean and had everything we needed for our 1 night stay. I always do a 'hotel inspector' on the bathroom and it passed. The view was good looking over the hills. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, bot had breakfast - the room is very pleasant with exposed beams and pillars - the service was good and the full lancs breakfast was hot, freshly cooked and very tasty. Hubby had continental brekkie and the choice was large and well presented. The hotel is in an ideal position for walking up hills and is very close to the centre of Ramsbottom. All in all a pleasant mid week break - we will be re-visiting. Oh and the comment re the smell - it comes from the swimming pool which is right next to reception - unavoidable and not unpleaseant when you know where it comes from.

Room Tip: We had room 34 overlooking car park but also with views to the surrounding countryside and hills
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
J-Asher-Taylor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review on the Best Western Old Mill Hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Aswell as the full lancashire breakfast that is cooked to order. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Firstly, beware that 'sat navs' will take you round in circles trying to find this place and road signage is poor. When you do get there, the staff are pleasant enough, but the place smells slightly damp and the decor is 20 years out of date, it is not a welcoming reception area. The room that I had made me feel like I was in a mobile home (no offence meant to mobile home owners btw), it was small, untidy, cramped with an old creaky pine bed and tiny bathroom, all for £90!!!
The food was at best average too. I would not recommend this hotel for people who might have problems with access, the corridors are like rabbit warrens and the stairs are quite steep too.
All in all, like a few Best Western Hotels that I've stayed in, this is very poor compared to modern day standards.

Room Tip: Avoid room 12 and 14 if you can
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am I very disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay here with us at Best Western Old Mill Hotel, unfortunately as we are an Old Mill we have tried to maintain some of our original features such as the layout of the building. I am sorry you did not like your room and will be looking into the issues you have raised, we hope you will consider us again in the future.

Vicky McLeod

Travelers are raving about these Ramsbottom hotels

Bo'ness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Found this hotel on Tripadvisor and read the reviews. The hotel is set in between houses, the taxi driver from Bolton found it a bit hard to find.Outside perhaps needs a bit of loving care.

Lovely size of room (38), very clean but there was a funny smell that we could not find out what it was. Apart from that had a wonderful sleep, (a few doors opening and closing but that is usual I suppose), breakfast was wonderful - lovely and hot, I do think that they could serve a little bit later so people could have a bit of a lie in on a Sunday.

Did not use the pool or jacuzzi either but it was being used by a few outside people as well.

All in all a lovely hotel with very friendly staff.

Room Tip: No lift so if you have difficulty in walking then ask for a lower room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and you found your room to be of a high standard. we hope on your next visit you will have time to enjoy our superb leisure facilities.

Bury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Have always liked the place living quite close by, I pass it often as a short cut to Helmshore road, myself and my girfriend went there for my birthday last year and the only problem I had was the stairs to the restaurant as I was just recovering from a broken leg, they were a tall order, please don't ask if there's a lift as it is a listed building and consequently one cannot be installed.
The warm cosy atmosphere and great service more than makes up for the encumbrance of the stairs and the food double that, we both ordered the same fare from the extensive menu, duck liver pate, lamb cutlets with choice of veg & potatoes, for desert, raspberry pavlova, all cooked perfectly, served the same and left the right amount of time between courses.
A lovely evening view of Pendle hills, good food, nice wine made it a quite romantic evening, will be back this year, stay for the night even though you could throw a stone in my back garden from there, just for the experience, well worth a visit on any occasion or just on a whim.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Old Mill Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience here and you thoroughly enjoyed the food. I hope your leg is now on the mend and we hope to see you again soon.

Vicky McLeod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsbottom
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,551 reviews
BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom? Share your experiences!