Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewswowcher dealsmall poolsteam room and saunasat navhotel is situatedrelaxing breakfull english breakfasttea and coffee facilitiespleasant stafflovely hotelblack puddingplenty of parkingbreakfast was excellentlovely roomwould stay againbar and restaurantcooked breakfast
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I had my whole wedding day here, what can I say it was fantastic, I was worried about the food but it was great Vicky is a credit to this hotel and made the day run smoothly rooms have everything you need and are clean and tidy full English breakfast I could not fault this hotel and the staff are amazing!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
J-Asher-Taylor, General Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so pleased we could be part of your special day and we look forward to seeing you on your anniversary.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few months ago with my husband. The room was tiny, very old, uncomfortable bed and worn carpet. The hotel is very old fashioned and stuffy. Restaurant prices were very high and you couldn't exactly call it a restaurant it was more of a function room with tables and chairs. Zero atmosphere. The swimming pool area was vile, black mould everywhere and the old rotten, cold wooden changing rooms were the worst I have seen. Breakfast was served in the lifeless restaurant/function room and the sausages were god awful. The only reason this isn't a one out of five review is the staff who were all lovely, well trained and professional.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am sorry the hotel did not meet your high expectations, I am pleased you found the staff helpful and friendly we hope to see you in the future so you can see the improvements that are always on going due to feed back.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Me and my partner stay at the hotel from 24th-26th January. We checked in very late and informed the hotel of this prior to our stay. The staff were lovely and though it was a late check in every one was very welcoming, even offering to reopen the bar for us. We were taken to our room but no one offered to help us with our bags (we had 4 of them), which would have been nice.

We had booked a double room which was clean but had an extra single bed in it something we were not bothered about. The room was spacious and all the furniture was in good condition. The bathroom was lovely but when we had a shower we realised your could only control the heat of the shower and not the power of the water. This meant to get hot water we had to turn the button all the way to the top meaning water was gushing out, coming out too fast for the water to drain away. On our first night we had a very good sleep and the beds were very comfortable. However, on the second night the radiator kept making a banging sound till quite late even when we turned it off and we could hear what the other guests were doing in their rooms quite clearly.

We had breakfast on both morning which was lovely. Service was prompt and all the staff were friendly. On our second night we booked a table for 7pm in the restaurant however we were not seated until 7.30 and our food arrived at 8pm. I have eaten in a lot of Al La Carte restaurants and unfortunately this was properly one of the worst. The rice was not cooked, my partners mushroom was overcooked to the point that it was soggy and the menu was dull and not very appetising. The service was also quite slow. For how much we paid (£52) I did not receive the service, quality or taste I had hoped for.

We also tried out the spa which was lovely and clean but the changing rooms could do with a little TLC. Children are allowed in the pool, which we didn't mind but we did not know about this prior to booking, something I think some travellers would like to be aware of.

After the spa we tried to get a drink at the bar but even though it was open nobody came for 20 minutes and another couple sat down stated they hadn't seen anyone for over an hour. By this time we just went back to our rooms.

The hotel was in a good location only a 5 minute walk into Ramsbottom and had lots of onsite parking

Overall, we had a lovely staff and the staff were very pleasant and smiley but there are a few points, which if addressed would have made the stay perfect.

Room Tip: This review is based on room 9
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am please you enjoyed your stay here with us, I appriciate all the feed back we recieve and i am constantly looking at ways we can improve to meet customer satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This has to be the nicest place to stay in ramsbittom . Nice clean and warm rooms and freindly staff . The hotel is very close to all the amenaties so only a short walk into town . Thanks again for making me feel welcome . This was a long term stay of three weeks

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was apleasure having you here and glad you thoughly enjoyed your stay, we look forward to see you again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We didn't want to risk staying in the centre of a Bury so found this lovely place on last minute.com. Overall experience for the stay was lovely. It is a little difficult to find as not well sign posted, it took us 2 attempts even with 'sat nav', but once found is situated in a quiet secluded location. This place has plenty of quirky charm but has a modern functioning leisure facility with a small but well stocked gym and a fabulous health suite consisting of sauna, steam room, dinky swimming pool and jacuzzi with subtle lighting giving a warm relaxing ambiance. The twin room we had was at the back and provided a peaceful quiet night despite the Gala evening entertainment the hotel had booked for the night up until 1:30. The room was clean with modern furnishings and suitably equipped with the basic hospitalities. My only negative was that we were not fore warned about the expensive breakfast. The restaurant was small but clean and neat and the young lady who greeted us (spoke with broken English) did not make it clear what exactly was on offer, nor were we offered a menu. I therefore listed my choice of obvious cooked items and once we had ordered coffee, then helped ourselves to juice and fruit, we're told that as we were on room rate only the breakfast would be £15 per head. Although we thought this expensive for a standard breakfast it was beautifully cooked and tasty. I was very disappointed that once served, we were not approached again either to ask if everything was satisfactory or wanted more coffee or toast, which considering the cost, should have been standard practice. I later learned that my favorite item of black pudding was also on offer but I was not made aware of that. We would go again based in the 'lastminute.com' room rate and to give it another go.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine Anne B
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Old Mill Hotel, I am please you found your room clean and comfortable. I am sorry you were not told how much breakfast would be and I will look into this for you and make sure all staff are fully aware to let people know if they are on a room only rate. Thank you for all your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards