“Friendly and welcoming”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ramsbottom
Otley, United Kingdom
“Friendly and welcoming”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for my daughters wedding, the room was clean and roomy. The staff could not do enough for us. We had 3 different requests for special diets and the hotel catered for all of us, not just catered but made delicious food.
We are so impressed we would not hesitate to book again.
Our last evening was spent swimming in the pool and lazing in the jacuzzi, bliss.
We enjoyed a full English breakfast each day which was cooked to perfection.
Full marks to The Old Mill and all the staff.

Room Tip: I can only comment on my room, it overlooked the car park. A very clean room, the bed was very comfo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor I am delighted you enjoyed the wedding reception and your nights stay here at the Old Mill Hotel, I am glad that we were able to cater for every bodies need on a special day, i am pleased that you made use of the facilities. We hope to see you again in the not so distant future.

Vicky McLeod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice enough Best Western. Pretty and peaceful location but hard to find. GPS takes you to a pub as there's not enough info in the address. Once found, staff are pleasent and friendly. Rooms are basic but clean with no air con. Restaurant was ok but the curry I ordered was really poor and tasted of nothing other than chilies - wont be having that again! I will stay again as handy for a customer that I see. Very few decent places to stay around here so overall it's not bad but I wouldn't stay again if there was greater choice available in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor I am sorry that you found it difficult to find the Old Mill we are currently having extra signage put up to over come this problem. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the curry in the restaurant i hope i can rectify on your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Birmingham
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed with granddaughter as a surprise visit to see my daughter who lives round the corner! SO glad I decided to do a hotel stay. Only chose this option so she wouldn't have to sort bed etc but would do it again happily. Pool was a great plus for Jodie and I as we went for a swim twice each day and spent some quality time together. Staff were extremely friendly...the same lady who cleaned our room and left an extra lavender spray for our pillows, (a lovely touch in the rooms) found some coco pops for Jodie's breakfast. Not very busy but nice to meet a another couple whose little girl Jodie made friends with. Don't think staying there if there was a wedding would be quite so relaxing but definitely recommend for a relaxing weekend away. Lots to do and see in the locality and even though my son in law picked us up from Manchester, without a car all you need to do is plan your journey to coincide with the steam and diesel rail route, go to Bury and get a tram to central Manchester. All in all a great stay in a family room, comfy beds, good TV service, Bury black pudding breakfast and dead handy for the town

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor, i am glad that you made full use of the facilities and that you enjoyed the breakfast. I am please d that you found your stay relaxing and that your grand daughter enjoyed her stay here as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice surroundings. Very small rooms but clean. Ok to stay for one or two nights. We didn't eat in the restaurant but staff were friendly and organised a taxi to take us out. Reasonably priced rooms per evening and there is a small pool you can see when you first walk into the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I am pleased that you made full use of our leisure facilities. I am glad that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant and we pride ourselves on excellent customer service so we are pleased to have met you expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nice little hotel in a good location which is nice and quiet. Has a gym and pool but the highlight for me were the very good and friendly evening staff in the restaurant. The food is very good value and the staff really enhance the experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on trip advisor we pride our self on customer service and i am pleased that you appreciate this and we are pleased that you enjoyed the facilities.

Derbyshire
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Used Booking.com £54 B&B for a Saturday night stay in the area which turned out to be very good value for money.
The place is really hard to find and for some reason doesn't respond to a Best Western search on the old Sat Nav, it turns out that it's branded as in the 'Lavender' group, anyway if you're on the main street through Ramsbottom turn up Market St by the huge tipped over urn and then take the first right - simples.
We did enjoy our stay but a few things niggled me and had I been in the mood to complain, I would have ended up being a grumpy old man and I didn't want to spoil the weekend.
The reception - the hotel has an excellent Spa area, pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, the chap on reception didn't tell us anything about this on arrival, I had to go down later to find out from the other receptionist that they supply the towels, ladies just use a key for their locker and chaps use a refundable £1 coin the facilities are excellent.
We also had to ask where breakfast was served and what time when we returned in the evening, these should be a basic requirement that the management need to be looking at.
The banisters on the stairs from the dining area up to room 7 are horribly sticky, the management team must be young enough to not have to use them.
I enjoy my food and the breakfast was excellent lots of choice but I really don't appreciate the young man taking my order to announce to the full dining room 'so you want everything? - the full Monty'
The soap dispenser in the bathroom didn't work, we used our own stuff.
The TV remote didn't work.
The hotel is in a really handy location, we did go out to eat because the restaurant didn't look a happy place, a bit tired.
The room was very clean as was the bathroom which was very small, loads of sugar, tea, decaff coffee, hot chocolate and horlicks all of which we don't drink we had 4 sachets of real coffee and when I asked at reception for some more I was informed that he would ask someone and get them sent up, about 10mins later, one of the management hand delivered 4 sachets to us.
It really does now look as if I've saved my complaining until now but these things come back to you later, we really did enjoy our stay and things do go wrong, as they do at home, we would definitely stay here again if we came back to the area.

Room Tip: Take your swimwear
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DerbyFolk
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor, I apologise that you were not informed of all the information upon checking in and we are looking into why this happened and a full staff training will be reviewed. I have had our maintenance team check the soap dispensers in the bedroom and these have now been changed thank you for bringing these to my attention and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sheffield
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a one night stay to watch the local cricket team and was really pleased with my room. I booked direct with Best Western on-ljne which was fuss free and efficient. I asked for a large room if possible and as it was quiet they gave me a family room which was very thoughtful. The room was room 4. It was spacious,light and spotless. The bed was very comfortable too. Nothing here not to like. I've uploaded a couple of pictures so you can see.
I didn't have the breakfast so I cant comment on that. The staff were friendly and efficient and the outside of the hotel was clean and tidy with plenty of parking.
If I'm up here again I'll stay here...

Room Tip: Room 4 was lovely. Light and spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, i am pleased that you enjoyed at the Best Western Old Mill Hotel. I am glad that you found the bedroom spacious and the bed comfortable, we hope to see you again soon so that you can sample our breakfast menu.

Vicky McLeod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsbottom
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross

Been to Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!