“Nice room”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ramsbottom
Sheffield
“Nice room”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a one night stay to watch the local cricket team and was really pleased with my room. I booked direct with Best Western on-ljne which was fuss free and efficient. I asked for a large room if possible and as it was quiet they gave me a family room which was very thoughtful. The room was room 4. It was spacious,light and spotless. The bed was very comfortable too. Nothing here not to like. I've uploaded a couple of pictures so you can see.
I didn't have the breakfast so I cant comment on that. The staff were friendly and efficient and the outside of the hotel was clean and tidy with plenty of parking.
If I'm up here again I'll stay here...

Room Tip: Room 4 was lovely. Light and spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, i am pleased that you enjoyed at the Best Western Old Mill Hotel. I am glad that you found the bedroom spacious and the bed comfortable, we hope to see you again soon so that you can sample our breakfast menu.

Vicky McLeod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Margate, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Was quite difficult to find to start with, lots of parking which was good. Was impressed with the pool area and jacuzi and wasnt busy. The room itself was tiny and far too hot, windows were locked so couldnt get any air in! Bed up against the wall connecting to the corridor so you could hear other guests. Breakfast wasnt great, no menu so didnt know what was on offer, when our cooked offering arrived it wasnt the best ive had, sausage was quite hard. Juices had run out and were not replenished. No extra butter was available for the pastries. Walked into the village in the evening and not a lot on offer, very sleepy town but very pretty. On the whole very forgettable.

Room Tip: Just make sure your windows open in the summer!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hayley_Shephard, Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on trip advisor.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed our leisure facilities. Regarding the room I am sorry you were not satisfied with the standard of room size, however i have investigated the issues regarding the windows and have found no cause for concern as we do not lock the windows for the comfort and safety of our guests. The layout of the room is something we are looking into and will address shortly. We are constantly looking to improve our services throughout the hotel and your comments have been taken on board.

Warm Regards,

Weybourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

It was 13 years since I last stayed here and it was very pleasing to see the improvements that had been made. It is a lovely setting and good value for money. The staff were friendly and helpful and whilst we didn't use it, the leisure centre seemed very popular. We did mention on their in house review that they might like to upgrade some of their beds as a small double bed with a hard mattress did not ensure the best night's sleep. An excellent location for travel in the area, both by car and public transport.

Room Tip: Rooms looking south east have an excellent view. Ask for first floor if you you don't want to cl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lordduke50129
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I'm pleased to hear you have returned after so many years and I'm glad you enjoyed it, We have looked into the hard mattress and I'm pleased to tell you it has now been replaced. We hope to see you again in the future.

Radlett, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here a few times, so this review is the average of all my stays.

Room
- carpet had something sticky dried into the carpet......I hate to think what
- bed the undersheet was too small which meant the mattress was showing, and the pillow slips were also "open"
- mattress was a cheap thin one
- paper thin walls meant the nocturnal exercise going on next door was plain to hear
- décor drab and old (eg furry brown carpet) but new PVC windows and recently renovated (tiny) bathroom
- wifi keeps on dropping out, but its free and excellent connection in the bar
- each morning the clean linen and towels was dumped on the floor in the corridor ie where muddy boots had walked the previous day

- generally no-one to seat you in the restaurant for breakfast, just wander in and hope someone comes to take your order - waiting staff seem to wait in the kitchen rather than in the dining room
- one morning took half an hour for an egg and congealed beans. Were they out squeezing it out of a chicken? I suspect they only have one pan there - £15 is rather high
- natural shaped sugar cubes are probably as hygienic as imperial mints in a curry house
- toast was nicely cooked and crunchy
- bar - often 10-15 minutes before someone arrived to take drink or food order - however very pleasant when they did arrive
- menu is very long but I didn't really fancy many of the items on the menu....I can imagine Ramsay having a field day with it
- every stay some of the "staples" on the menu were out of stock, eg house wine, steak, sausages, prob related to the bloated menu size

However, not many options for a hotel around that area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hayley_Shephard, General Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor, First let me apologise for your substandard stay. I have looked into the issues raised. We are looking at how to rectify your problems. If you would like to email me personally I will be more than happy to discuss this further.

Vicky Mcleod

Travelers are raving about these Ramsbottom hotels

Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very friendly staff, quiet location, very good choice of food in the restaurant service was a little slow between courses and the wine price on the high side. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if in the area. One thing to watch out for is the bill on checkout, 3 other meals had been added to my bill but were removed without question when this was pointed out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dave1210
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your review about the Best Western Old Mill Hotel. I am very sorry to hear about your billing problems on check out, I can asure you all staff involved have now been given additional training to stop this happening in the future. I am pleased you found the staff friendly and we hope to see you again in the future.

Warm regards
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very friendly, clean and good size room. Set in a quiet area but only minutes walk into Ramsbottom. Breakfast was very tasty and varied, my wife has to have gluten free food and they looked after her dietery needs very well. We only stayed one night so did not manage their other facilities but if we go back to that area we will certainly go back there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mike-elaine77
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we met your expectations with your wife's dietary needs. We hope to see you in the future where you can make use of all the facilities.

Warm regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Every Hotel Manager should visit the Metropole in Blackpool, and the Old Mill in Ramsbottom. They will then know how to get everything wrong, (at the Metropole) and everything right (at the Old Mill). Great, welcoming smart and friendly staff throughout. Clean spacious and quiet rooms and excellent breakfast cooked to order. We have just visited for the 1940's weekend and we will definitely be back again next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mastergx
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your positive response on Trip advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Vicky McLeod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsbottom
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross

Been to Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!