The name says it - a converted building and that is a strength [and it's one limitation]. My two teenage daughters and me stayed several nights over the Xmas period and in three different rooms. This is not a chain with identical rooms, but each was fine and all had a good view.
The leisure centre has a medium sized pool and a good gym and is comfortable. There are hotels with better pools nearby - the Last Drop Inn for example - but this is fine for families, or children.
In summary, the rooms and facilities are very good.
Very pleasantly located it could be the centre for a relaxing weekend.
The food was first rate - we had dinner in the restaurant, room service meals, bar service meals, and breakfast. All excellent and satisfying. The menu is imaginative without being overly ornate and is based on good quality fresh ingredients. A good wine list adds to the enjoyment.
The real plus was the service. From the restaurant bar staff to the reception, who arranged for the restaurant to remain open a little later when we were late back in the evening, everyone was friendly and helpful.
The strength of the quirkiness of the hotel is also it's weakness. This is not suitable for anyone of reduced mobility. The hotel clings to a hill and as such has many stairs.
I was at the hotel for leisure, and can heartily recommend it for that. However, this is the sort of hotel I look for when on business as if non-formulaic and is comfortable, friendly, and relaxing. I can especially recommend it for the regular business-traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you make your way up the sweeping drive in you will be greeted with a welcoming approach of flowers gardens and rockeries, seated terraces, cascading streams and pools. The hotel itself is Tudor in style and the entrance is modern and allows you to get a taste of what we have on offer. Set in the heart of Lancashire overlooking the Rossendale Valley. Quaint in its setting and modern in its internal decoration, our hotel is warm and friendly and situated perfectly for all your relaxation needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Mill Hotel And Leisure Club
- Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club Ramsbottom, Bury