“Great food, great service.”
Review of Cardamom Cream

Cardamom Cream
Ranked #13 of 46 Restaurants in Ramsbottom
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service.”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Booked a table for 14 last night and had a lovely meal. The restaurant is really nicely decorated and then staff are very friendly and efficient. The food was lovely, the fish pakoras for starter were light and tasty. All the meals came together and they were all different. Not just the same red sauce on different meat. Very very nice - would go back any time.

• Visited February 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food in sophisticated surroundings”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Eaten here 4 timnes now and appreciating it more each time. The Sunday lunch buffet is the best in the area; a la carte dining in the evenings produces some wonderful dishes and what is nice is that many are unique to this restaurant. Also a choice between 4 Indian beers! Very well furnished gives a classy feel to the experience. Very attentive staff.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank David N
Bury, UK
“More than just a curry house!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We couldn't fault anything on a mid-week visit to Cardomom Cream: the food was delicious, the staff attentive and the restaurant itself is lovely with a good ambience.

Yes, it's a bit more expensive than your usual curry house but no more so than a decent restaurant.
The food was great and definitely worth what we paid.

We'll definitely be back!

Visited January 2014
“Family Feast”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We have just come from this little gem in Rammy. I have never eaten there in the evening but the family buffet is excellent. Poppadoms, lovely starters and tasty mains all at a great price. Cost us just under £50 for a family of 4 and over a tenner of that was drinks.

Although a buffet this felt like a proper dining experience rather than a second rate option as some all you can eat options do. Enjoyed by adults and children alike with lovely service. Highly reccomended for families.

Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
“Middle of the road curry”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I can't remember the exact date, but I went here when it first opened to give it a test run and see how it compared to the other places in Ramsbottom. The first thing I noticed was how nicely decorated the place was, it looks like no expense has been spared and it was very inviting. The staff welcomed me warmly and we were off to a good start.

So I had a look through the menu and noticed that the takeaway prices were cheaper than the prices to eat in. This is something that instantly annoyed me, I was being asked to pay for the privilege of eating my meal in the restaurant that I bought it?! As I said the decor is nice but not worth paying about £10 for. Instead of having two separate menus have the same one and offer a 15% discount for takeaways, this way people don't feel like they are paying more, they feel like they're getting a good deal for taking away.

Next the food, we had popadoms to start and these were nice, we got all the sauces, but they had to be ordered and paid for separately, slightly annoying because I always think that the sauces are something that just come with popadoms. Does anybody eat them without? It's like charging for ketchup at a pub restaurant, it doesn't happen, its a sauce, it should be free.

The mains came and the presentation was really brilliant, unfortunately that's just about where the compliments finish. I ordered a Chicken Tikka Massala as this is the curry I am most familiar with and so allows me to place a bench mark against other restaurants. I have to say it wasn't a very good CTM, the flavors weren't there, and it almost came across quite bland. The two people I was with weren't very impressed with theirs either, we all felt that we'd all had better.

Overall - I'd say that this place is average, its on the same level as Eastern Eye but double the price. I feel like I should go again as I went when it was freshly opened and so it could've had some issues that they were still smoothing out but I'm not sure if I will. They look like they do very well without my business and good luck to them.

• Visited August 2013