“Sunday dinner out of this world”
Review of Eagle & Child

Eagle & Child
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Ramsbottom
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Popped in as an unplanned afternoon for one drink but standing at the bar the smell of food was unbearable so I asked if we could eat and we got a slot but oh my god the Sunday roast was beautiful definately gonna eat here again but need to book which I will do for next week ' GREAT meal guys we will be back' 10 out of 10

1  Thank Pauloxton
Glen D, Owner at Eagle & Child, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hey Paul

Thanks for your review- glad you enjoyed and we look forward to welcoming you back in a few weeks!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visited the Eagle and Child for the 2nd time recently and had another nice meal. Overall, the food was good and the place itself is very pleasant with a really pretty rear herb garden. The only niggle was that a couple of the dishes didn't quite work with all 3 of us who had the devilled lentils and pork feeling that it was unbalanced as a dish and that the lentils were so spicy that they drowned out any other flavour on the plate. Won't stop us going back though as everything else was fine.

Thanks for your review and feedback on the black peas- I had them later that day and after breaking out in a sweat, I let our chef know that they were rather heavily spiced! Apologies there from us and thanks for your feedback!

Best wishes

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Heard great things about this place so thought we'd give it a try for my sister's birthday .I think it's a case of the Emperor's new clothes!I'm vegetarian so I ordered the famous cheese and onion pie(there wasn't a lot of choice to be honest it's not exactly imaginative) .When it arrived in an enamel camping tin looking like a cow pat and tasting of rust I found it inedible. I am not normally a complainer (honestly)but when the owner asked if everything was ok I told him the problem with the pie .He suggested in a patronising manner that I didn't know what a rustic cheese and onion pie should taste like .he offered no apology or recompense for my dissatisfaction ,so we left . Don't bother is my advice it is overpriced hype.

1  Thank sheilam188
Glen D, Owner at Eagle & Child, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi Sheila

We have 6 dishes on the main menu for vegetarians, as well as a number of salads and sandwiches available, including home grown veg and eggs from our own hens. We are also more than happy to put together a dish for those who may be vegetarian, vegan or have a food allergy. We just request that you ask.

Obviously, our cheese pie is not going to suit everybody, but it did win Best Pie in the 2013 British Pie Week competition, so they obviously thought it worthy...

Customer service is key to the success of my business and one highlighted throughout reviews on this site as being exceptional. I can only assume if I took a patronising tone with you it was because you spoke to me in a similar manner to the tone of your review.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our first visit with friends and we certainly weren't disappointed. Would certainly recommend anyone to give it a go! I thought my husband may have struggled with the menu but he actually tried some new food.

Hi Kath

Thanks for your review. We change our menu and specials regularly, so we hope to welcome you and your husband again very soon!

Best wishes

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Visited here with my wife and 8 year old son after hearing good things about the restaurant, we ordered haddock and chips and a child's portion of haddock and chips and a burger. The fish was small and overly greasy and the chips (6 of!) where tough, my wife commented on the burger being greasy too. Just for the food without drinks it was £30. All in all I will not be returning here unless things improve...

1  Thank northernukman
Glen D, Owner at Eagle & Child, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thanks for your review and sorry you were disappointed with your experience. It is a shame that you did not discuss this with me or Sarah so we could have put it right for you at point of visit.