“The Food my dreams”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“The Food my dreams”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Seems this place gets mixed reviews, my opinion is that the food is so good all the other stuff doesn't matter.
Although my visit was fine, the waiter was attentive but not overbearing and the atmosphere was fine - cant say I noticed music or a lack of it.
Cost wise, it's no more expensive than the other new Indian in town, but it's too expensive to eat at every week, I think it worked out at about £30/person.

• Visited August 2012

Radcliffe, United Kingdom
“fabulous food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Myself and two friends went to Sanmini's last Wednesday evening - what fabulous food. The flavours were amazing, I have eaten many Indian meals but never anything like this. What a treat.
The beetroot dessert was delicious, and I hate beetroot!

• Visited July 2013
“Waiter, back off.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I decided on the restaurant for a birthday meal with my boyfriend. Having heard comments about the food I thought it was a good choice so booked in. On arrival the place seemed very quiet (it was a weekend evening) and we were sat down in a little waiting area. Whilst Sat here for approximately half an hour, despite having pre-booked - we were forced to listen to an extensive account by the waiter about how beautiful the food would be, the origins of the ingredients and so on. He did not see to appreciate the fact we didn't seem comfortable with his conversation and would rather continue with our drinks and eachother.
When eventually seated we were lead into a little room next door. To this day neither my boyfriend and I can recall if there was music playing. I recall silence, a very bland room and two other tables of who barely raised a whisper. The atmosphere was so wrong! It felt like a meal in somebody else's home, the efforts by the waiter were completely misguided effort in trying to make people comfortable. As soon as we were seated he hovered, every course he must have visited the table 7 or more times. In the end, the food was okay. If the one member of visible staff hadn't gone to such tremendous effort to TELL us what we like and why we like the way Samninis do it the food may have tasted better.

Overall, terrible service. We felt harassed by the waiter, expensive bill that we barely felt like paying. Left a very bad taste, will not be returning.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Sophie C
“Poor waiter service”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would like to start by stating that the food and menu on offer is excellent, where I have had a problem is with the waiter service. The occasions I have been to Sanminis there is a 3 in 1 person who job is to welcome you take orders and serve your food this put great pressure on the staff member when it is reasonably busy.
So don't expect a quick service or go elsewhere if you are in a hurry.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“random search in Ramsbottom recommended this restaurant.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Work colleague and I wanted a nice meal out rather than hotel food. Thanks to Trip Advisor we chose the right place to go, excellent food with very friendly staff. Well recommended.

• Visited June 2013