“excellent for a wedding. fantastic venue.”
Review of Bagden Hall Hotel

Bagden Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scissett
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Spent one night at Bagden Hall on the 26th May for a wedding and I have got to say it is one of the best weddings I have been to.
The venue is amazing and the staff are excellent. The room was clean and comfortable probably not the best room I have stayed in but it was fine. This did not matter at all because the staff were so friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. I have never felt as comfortable and relaxed and this is down to the staff. This includes reception, bar staff and housekeepers.
The wedding was well organised. The food was good and the grounds are lovely in fact I Don,t think I can fault anything.
I am hoping to return very soon.
I would recommend this as a wedding venue to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed in the lake side lodge which was fine, but I think the rooms in the hall it's self are...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank klara40
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments which I will share with the Team - & we hope to welcome you back again very soon

There are newer reviews for Bagden Hall Hotel

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Taking advantage of the dinner, bed and breakfast package, we stayed here for one night over the bank holiday weekend, looking for a short, easy escape.

We had a room in the annex, over-looking the lake which although slightly characterless (as was a newish building) was large enough, well maintained and very clean. The shower (always an important test for me) was a bit hit and miss, in terms of temperature although the pressure was good.

The hotel itself was also well-maintained, the grounds spacious and immaculate, we enjoyed a pleasant pre-dinner drink on the lawn over-looking the lake and dispute a holding weddings either side of our stay, it didn’t feel too busy and we were very separate from these celebrations, although we did enjoy the fireworks in the evening.

Dinner was enjoyable, a reasonable selection and well cooked - as we were on the dbb package, we were free to choose whatever we wanted from the menu and simply received £50 off the bill - this was ideal as we didn’t want to be restricted for a special night out, but you could have eaten within the £50 if desired.

Breakfast was also very good - a selection of hot food, including full English and smoked mackerel, as well as the usual buffet selections.

Service and staff were generally attentive and good humoured, there was a slight delay in getting a drink on arrival mid-afternoon and the drinks selection was a little limited for me, but apart from that was efficient and enjoyable.

Also there are not too many things to do in the hotel, so is very much an adults venue.

All in all is highly recommended for a short peaceful 'couples' break and looks a stunning and well organised venue for a wedding.

Room Tip: The Annex was modern and clean, probably a little quieter than the main hotel if a wedding is on.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your short break with us & I hope to welocme you back again very soon

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Excellent service – we could not have wished for a better venue for our Wedding.
All your staff were excellent. I stayed the night before with my bridesmaid and invited friends round for a meal. The staff were fantastic could not do enough for us all.
On the day of the wedding everything ran smoothly. The food was lovely the service was fantastic. The General Manager was brilliant she even came in whilst on holiday.
All in all a perfect day...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments I am so pleased you enjoyed your Special Day .
God luck for the future to you both
Warmest regards

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Well I have read some of the reviews about Bagden Hall and can only assume that the "negative" guests have not travelled much, or stayed in many hotels in the UK and around the world. My wife and I have. You and your team run a "class act". From the moment we walked into the place until we left, we had superb service, albiet for only 24 hours. Reception and bar team, happy and helpful. Operations Manager Barry: quality and friendly service, both at dinner and breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for him to make our stay memorable. Finally, we had a suite in the main house and I and my wife could not fault it for space, decor and facilities. a credit to your house-keeping team. Will always recommend Bagden Hall and we will be staying here again one day

Room Tip: Pay for a suite in the main house which overlooks the lawns and duck pond (you might see Gemima Pudd...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments - we all work very hard to ensure you have the best possible stay .
I hope to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Generally a beautiful place with friendly and helpful staff. The General Manager displayed the most appalling customer service skills I have ever witnessed. She was impolite, verbally sharp and physically domineering. She demonstrated poor insight into her lack of verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Drinks prices were predictably extortionate, at over £5 for a gin and tonic. The showers did not work properly and there was a chunk missing from the toilet seat in one room.

• Stayed: May 2013

I am sorry you had issues at our Hotel which I am sure we can resolve .
However , I am very pleased that your comments regarding me do not reflect the experience of any other visitors on this website - in fact the exact opposite .
Yours sincerely

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here for business and would go back again if I was in the area. I arrived in the evening and enjoyed a drink on the terrace, given to me by a nice bartender, and a wander round the grounds. I had a room in the main house, the room was large with a good size, comfortable bed, TV with freeview channels, tea, coffee making facilities and good biscuits. There was also wi-fi available. My slight complaint was with the bathroom, although it had nice toiletries and was clean the grout was mouldy which was rather unsightly and the shower was temperamental. When I turned it on there was a strong pressure which sprayed everywhere and the temperature fluctuated during my shower despite not touching the controls. I did however enjoy a nice bubble bath in the evening and found it amusing there was a duck I could add to it.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was very tasty although there were only two more tables of people so it was a little quiet and slightly on the pricey side but overall a good dinner. I enjoyed my poached egg and beans at breakfast, although slightly disappointed there wasn't any Marmite on offer for my toast. The staff were helpful and although there were a couple of small mistakes in the restaurant (such as bringing me coffee instead of tea) were very happy to rectify when I pointed it out. It was a bit of a drive from Huddersfield but I think it was worth it and had a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your constructive comments - I will certainly share them with the team .
I hope to welcome you back again very soon - and I will make sure we have Marmite !

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went for afternoon tea with my husband ,the hotel and surroundings are lovely can understand why people want to get married there. Staff were helpful and friendly the tea was nice with good sandwiches and scones but oh dear the cakes! two tiny pieces of plain chocolate cake and two extra tiny pieces of what I can only describe as crunch! Some one needs a bit of imagination in this department as it spoils an otherwise nice meal.

1  Thank algarveaddict
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments.
I was disappointed to read your feedback on the cakes served with your afternoon tea . All our cakes are homemade - including the scones which I believe you enjoyed . I am sorry you didn't enjoy that afternoons selection of cakes and more specifically the size you were served - we are always happy to serve more if guests are hungry & prefer to enjoy the Afternoon Tea as a full meal .
I do hope your experience will not deter you from visiting us again in the future - I hope to welcome you back then.
Caroline Gleeson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scissett
Waterton Park Hotel
Whitley Hall Hotel
Whitley Hall Hotel
#2 of 53 in Sheffield
Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel

Been to Bagden Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!