“Beautiful place in the middle of nowhere”
Review of Hamerton Zoo Park

Hamerton Zoo Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Sawtry
More attraction details
Owner description: Rare, unusual and endangered animals in a natural country setting covering over 20 acres of the Huntingdonshire wolds - including many species unique to Hamerton and not seen in any other zoo in the country. Familiar favourites like meerkats, zebras, camels, monkeys, plus many birds and the fabulous cheetahs and bengal and white tigers, including our brand new tiger house. Donkey Stud conserves threatened breeds. Free car and coach park. Entrance Gift-Shop, plus Coffee-Shop serving snacks and light refreshments, drinks and ice-cream. Covered walk-ways and picnic areas, plus recently extended children's play-areas and new children's Railroad-Express Train running on dry days at weekends and in the school holidays.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recommend this place, I have fun with my children and my nephew. It is not a commercial zoo, a lot of diversity of animals. If you have young children you have to go there. They have a nice playground and facilities.

All reviews
"under cover"
in 16 reviews
"zoo park"
in 12 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
in 10 reviews
in 22 reviews
"visited today"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I enjoyed visiting the zoo on the whole but I thought the solitary coati was clearly unhappy and whilst I am no animal expert behaviourist, it appeared to have behvioural issues pacing around the enclosure which was not big enough and not enough stimulation. It was not nice to see.

Hamerton Z, Manager at Hamerton Zoo Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your review.

We have a breeding group of Coati and have not ever had a solitary one, so wonder if your review might have been meant for somewhere else?

Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a wonderful place for all the family, my partner and I have just returned from taking my 18 month old grandson Archie, he smiled and chatted the whole way round, wonderfully laid out, lots of information posts at all animals, lots of baby animals too which is wonderful to see the conservation work going on, would recommend this anyone and everyone with small children, we will definitely be returning when Archie is older.
I love the relaxed pace in there, bring your own picnic and they is lots of room and an enclosed area to eat.
We paid £21 to get in that was 2 adults and a guide book - excellent value

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic value for money! Lovely to go to a zoo that is not too commercialised. Great play area for kids of all ages!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is our local zoo being about 20 minutes down the road from us and we have a season ticket . It's very disabled friendly for wheelchairs and scooters as most of the zoo can be reached by the paths. A bonus is that the majority is also covered walkways. The animals are all well looked after also all enclosures are spacious. The highlight of the zoo is the pair of Bengal tigers Ladybelle and Blizzard (he is a white tiger and magnificent). There are also merkats, Lemurs Bintourong, and a lot more. This is not a huge zoo but it is very friendly and well worth a visit.
Plenty of opportunities for great photos.
I would just implore anyone with children to make sure they pick up their rubbish and save the keepers from having to waste their time doing this.

I love this zoo