“A True English Country Pub”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bangor, Co Down
“A True English Country Pub”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife and I visited The Plough for lunch, with friends from Chester, on our way back from a short holiday in Portmadog. What an excellent experience we had! Good food, friendly staff, in a glittering, authentic English country pub.
We finished our meal and had coffee in the pub garden.
I would recommend The Plough to anyone visiting the Chester area who does not want to eat in the city with it's parking problems. It's only a 10 minute drive out of Chester and you will enjoy the experience.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Bill L

Liverpool
“lovely pub”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This pub is an absolute god send when it comes to relaxing and not worrying about being in a pretentious place where I'm made to feel uncomfortable.
Slush for the kids so they are.kept quiet and can go down to play area. Separate area for football, as not everyone is world cup crazy. Most importantly is for when I've been out for a walk. Local area id gorgeous we are so lucky to live in rural countryside which means I often take my dogs.
I have been to The Plough on a number times and all but once had the dogs with me, to find a pub/restaurant that even allows them into two of the bars inside is amazing. Around the outside of pub are dog water bowls and the staff even asked if they could have treats. Its like Harrods for dogs. Whilst you are not able to take them in the fenced off bit is no biggy (not everyone likes dogs so think of them too, even small children can be unsure of them even at times over egar to stroke them and in this hot weather at the moment even dogs we have have since birth I would't say 100% I would trust ) The patio area in the front is well kept with flowers etc so why the big thing about people who smoke go and sit there, did this person forget not so long ago you could smoke in pub/restaurants everywhere just depended who sat next to you and i'm an ex -smoker. I will continue to bring my dogs with me to The Plough and know its not a problem to take them there, I also tell my friends to come here.
Food is great and all outdoor areas are clean and well kept (no dog poo) . If you don't like this pub you're obviously allergic to informality and relaxation.

“such a shame...”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My bf and I have been going to the Plough for years - we live in waverton and as friends would go regularly. now we are together and have dogs and like to go walking and thought we would go for lunch on a sun afternoon. theres a massive outdoor garden area with tables and a small garden to get through via the pub itself. we wanted to sit outside with the dogs and have some grub. however we were told we weren't allowed to eat outside in the massive garden with tables, we have to sit on one of the 3 tables out the front where the smokers sit, on the road. on a gorgeous sun afternoon that is not what we wanted. we then asked if we could sit out in the small garden and take the dogs through, again, no this was not allowed. we ended up paying for 2 drinks and leaving. the pub was dead and empty on a sun afternoon and they turned our payment away. such a shame. used to be a really good pub. we may go for drinks in the evening but not for food now.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Clare O
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I recently visited the Plough inn Christleton as it had been recommended to me again. Having visited the Plough inn several years ago I was amazed by the changes. Real ale, real food and a real experience. The staff and service were outstanding. A great experience and great day with the kids in the beer garden. I will be visiting again soon.

1 Thank Homerj194
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great service and food”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

2nd visit to the Plough. Our 1st visit was due to it being recommended. Decided to return and glad we did. Great Steak meal deal and quick service. Great atmosphere and massive garden for the children to roam. Clean tidy and really helpful caring staff.
Thanks to "The Plough TEAM" for providing a great meal good value, and special thanks to David and Pauline , who couldn't do more for us to make our visit so nice. Wish this was my local....we will be back...