“Lovely Evening Meal”

Redmond's Restaurant at Carden Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Tilston
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Redmond's Restaurant boasts an AA Rosette award for it's dining. Located within the 1000 acres Cheshire estate of Carden Park enjoy the formal atmosphere whilst overlooking the stunning Nicklaus golf course and Welsh Hills beyond.Redmond's offers a formal dining experience at Carden Park and is the perfect setting for your special occasions including birthdays, anniversaries or romantic dinners. Our Executive Head Chef takes great pride in combining great dishes with the delicious local ingredients as much as possible.To compliment the season the menu changes regularly to ensure the best, high quality dishes are offered to our guests.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Evening Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent unobtrusive service. Nice menu choice and fantastic wine list. The restaurant was busy but the staff were working well and coped.

Bethesda, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great food ,good atmosphere,good service,decent portions.would recommend the Smoked Haddock and or the Roasted Salmon for mains.Do try the side of chips they were delicious!
2 courses for £21 or three for £27 from the whole of the menu is a very offering from a Restaurant of this quality

1 Thank Iain S
Stafford, United Kingdom
“My Birthday treat March1st 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Food excellent & vast menu to choose from we were stuck for choice. We have now tried lots on this menu the last twice of stating,but will still go back for more.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food was excellent and served by professional caring staff who looked as though it was their pleasure to serve,

Visited February 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Have visited Carden Park restaurant numerous times in the past and have always found it excellent. We decided to visit for Sunday Lunch today and were very disappointed.

We were seated in the restaurant and nobody asked if we would like a drink. After a few minutes the waitress came and took our order for starters. Again nobody asked if we'd like a drink. No wine list or glasses on the table either.

The starters arrived (smoked salmon roulade and mushroom risotto). Both were nicely presented and enjoyable.

Our plates were cleared and we asked if we could order drinks. I ordered a glass of house red and my husband asked what draught lagers were available. The waitress had no idea but went to find out. We waited a good 10 minutes and then a waiter brought drinks over. He presented me with a glass of white wine. I told him I'd ordered red, to which he informed me 'Sauvignon blanc is white!' I told him I was aware of this, and had ordered house red.

Nobody asked if we would like to go and get our main courses from the carvery. Eventually we took it upon ourselves to go up anyway. We found nobody serving, but after a while a surly chef came out and served us.

The food was all extremely bland and tasteless with and none of the trimmings appeared to be home made.

Finally ordered desserts which were also very disappointing. Bakewell tart tasted just like suet, no hint of cherry and barely a whiff of an almond. I left most of it, which is very unusual for me as I have a very sweet tooth. My husband was also disappointed with his bread & butter pudding which had no sultanas, but some cheap tasting chocolate instead.

At no point did anybody ask if all was ok with our meal or if we'd enjoyed it. All staff we encountered could even raise a smile either.

Have had much much better Sunday lunches in cheap pubs than this. What a shame. Sort it out Carden Park!