“Spa Break”

The Manor House Hotel Spa
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This Spa is fine - it is small and could possibly do with a bit of TLC but you get what you pay for and I thought it was good value for money. The swimming pool is small and there is a small jacuzzi and then a sauna and steam room. There is not much room if you are wanting to sit and relax but it wasnt a problem to us as it was fairly quiet. The Massages we had were good and the girls were very pleasant.

1  Thank Crannyndave

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I can understand why there are some poor reviews, but the place does not advertise as 5 star luxury, and the prices are so low ( I got living social deal £77 for 2 of us, two treatments & two course lunch) that one need remember you get what you pay for. My daughter and I had a lovely day, scrumptious lunch, a spell on the only 2 loungers and good treatments. In fact my collagen facial by Jess was one of the best I've ever had. I would suggest to management, if possible, moving the treatment rooms away from the pool area, would be a massive improvement - it's obvious they are currently trying to update ( new lockers just fitted)
The rest of the hotel looks great!

1  Thank CaznTrevNorthEast
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Spent a brief day at hotel for spa day. Very poor service. Not shown where facilities where located. Went on trip with my boyfriend we were separated for treatments which was fine but there was no place to wait for one another after treatments were finished. Was told I would have to go outside back to reception to wait! Spa suites are very noisy and not relaxing. Treatments rushed and poor. Service poor. Left swiftly after treatments and would not return. Waster of money

1  Thank Murray235
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Whilst my husband & I enjoyed our stay at the Manor House Hotel (separate review written) the spa facilities are in need of a facelift/ spruce up.

Initially greeted by a very amiable lady who was unfortunately wearing a bleached stained Spa uniform, first impressions weren't great. Not enough lockers to go around, although there were signs up saying more had been ordered and a very small changing area with people's cloths and bags left hanging around. Although I didn't use the gym it did look very outdated.

There were only 2 loungers next to the pool, although more tables & chairs. They could probably do with removing at least one table & chairs to make room for more loungers to ensure clients can really relax.

The neck, shoulder and back massage was very good although I really do think the policy of having a local commercial radio station playing in the background should be reviewed! It is not relaxing and the first time I have ever encountered this.

Also disappointing that you are unable to order lunch to eat in the spa area rather than having to go back into the lounge with hotel guests not dressed in robes & swimwear!

2  Thank coldwellk
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The spa/gym faciliteis are open to the public which is fine if the facilities can accomodate the numbers. The Manor House clearly can't. This place could clearly do with a facelift and some clear rules about clients entering the spa area in outdoor footwear!