“Great in every way”

The Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Auckland
Reviewed March 19, 2014

A group of 16 of us went for my 30th birthday in Dec 2013. The staff were amazing, all extremely helpful and welcoming. The treatments were also really good quality. Had a relaxing and fun time. Thank you :-)

• Stayed: December 2013
AngelaThomas, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Hannahd,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted that you and your friends had a relaxing and fun time.

I have passed your kind comments on to all of the management team and staff. We look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

James Hart

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel Last night. Arrived and we're checked in immediately, staff friendly and explained everything
We put our bags in the room and went straight to use the leisure facilities. . We were both equally as impressed with these facilities, clean, tidy and the guy who showed us around was very pleasant. We made a dinner reservation for 7.30.. This again was excellent, food was delicious, good range of food and fair portion sizes. Raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake was to die for.

We visited as we are hoping to book our wedding there early 2016, and I'm pleased to say this would b the ideal venue for us

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Joannedawson27,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and found the food in the restaurant to be excellent.

Im pleased that you are hoping to book The Manor House Hotel for your wedding in 2016, if you need any more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I have passed your kind comments on to the Management Team, and all of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Just got home from a lovely overnight stay with my friend. It has been absolutely great! We were in room 26 - no complaints regarding our room or the bathroom. Everything was clean and tidy! Beds were lovely and comfortable!

The pool/spa facilities are great, clean and tidy, yeah they are used but isn't everything!! Staff very attentive to our needs. Our treatments were great - Jessica was lovely and good at what she does.

We had our main meal, both ordering the grilled goats cheese and beetroot starter! yum! I had lasagne and my friend the scampy - both meals were lovely. Big portions though so dessert was off the menu for us! Shame as the cheese board looked lovely! The staff could not had been more helpful!

Breakfast was just as good, good selection of different items!

The hotel it self is lovely very inkeeping with its period features - charming!

My only complaint is that I had to come home :(

Can't wait to go back - well worth the money!

Room Tip: We stayed in the courtyard rooms which were lovely!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ditzy666

Dear ditzy666,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted that you had a lovely stay, and found the rooms lovely and comfortable.

I am glad that you enjoyed dining in our restaurant, and had lovely treatments off Jessica.

I have passed your kind comments on to the management team, and all of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from overnight spa break through livingsocial deal. Amazing ancient house which has been converted to a working hotel. Yes the windows aren't insulated, the floorboards are a little uneven and creak, but for gods sake you are staying in a grade 1 listed building!!. It's not some ultramodern hotel.
The staff were all friendly and helpful, from reception, the bar, the spa and the restaurant.
We both had massages with jessica who wad very friendly and skilled, we used the gym, sauna, steam room and pool. All were great and well equipped.
There was an evening meal deal which we used and, the three courses we had were excellent, and great value for money. Red wine was warmed and rose wine chilled (always a good sign). Breakfast made to order and good quality fare.
Would we stay again, most definitely.
A very charming hotel with lots of history and character.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin M

Dear Kevin M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciated the historic character of our hotel.

I am glad that you found all the staff friendly and helpful, and enjoyed your massage from Jessica, and had an excellent dinner in the restaurant.

I have passed your kind comments on to the management team, and all of the staff, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had booked a one night stay with spa treatments. The hotel was very presentable nice reception and courteous staff. After checking in the problems began. Once in our room there were broken floorboards never a nice feeling that your going through the floor. The furniture was broken with handles missing, the bed (supposed four poster) had obviously broken in the past and been screwed back together resulting in a bed that squeaked every time you moved a toe nevermind turning over in the night. The bathroom lights intermittently worked. unlike the hot water which never worked even after contacting reception about it. This resulted in a very poor nights sleep for me and my other half. Dinner was however a slightly redeeming feature with well presented and delicious food. The spa was very good and with good treatments. Overall not impressed with the hotel but would go for food if i lived nearer.

Room Tip: Run a mile if ur given room 1, Apparently broken floorboards and no hot water are a £20 upgrade
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
James H, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear ToonTravel2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. We welcome all guest feedback, whether it is good or bad, and it is only with customer comments that we can aim to improve our business.

I am pleased you found the hotel presentable, the staff friendly and courteous, enjoyed dining in our restaurant, and had very good spa treatments.

May I apologise that on this occassion you were not satisfied with your room, and that you had problems with hot water. This has now been sorted, however appreciate this did spoil your stay.

I have investigated your comment regarding the bathroom light not working, and all the lights in the room seem to be in working order, so unfortunately I cannot comment on this. The floorboards in your room arent broken. The hotel was built in the 1400s, and some of the floorboards in the old part of the building are original, and do, in places slope.

Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We came here on a weekend Groupon, so you never really know what to expect!
Best thing for me were the staff who were all really friendly and helpful. We used the spa which is compact but neat and has everything you would expect from a 3* hotel spa. We ended up with a suite on the ground floor. Loads of character and loads of space. I wonder if it could have been worked on a little without losing the character - for example there was no shower. It was also quite drafty and was pretty cold when we got back after dinner and with very basic heating from radiators that were behind the curtains, it was a bit hard to heat up! We also found our double bed was two singles with a gap in between! So quite a fun room to stay in but more interesting than practical. Noise was ok, although there are wooden floors right outside which were pretty loud in the morning. Breakfast was really nice and we used the bar which had a nice local feel to it. Overall good for a deal and very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ralph P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay, and found our staff to be really friendly and helpful.

I am also glad that you liked that space and character of your bedroom. In that particular room, there is a standalone bath with a shower attached. If you had requested a room with a walk in shower we could have allocated you a room with walk in shower.

With regards to your room being cold after dinner, the heating is on sensors, that start to warm up once you are in the room, so your room will have colled down whilst you were at dinner. Although I am glad that this did not spoil your stay in any way.

I have passed your lovely comments on to the management team and all the staff, and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We booked with my dad and his wife instead if xmas presents to spend time again. A bit disappointed. Had an excellent back massage but was in an converted single bedroom converted to a treatment room not ideal .Booked foir poster rooms just been refurbished bit unfortunsteyly heating not working properly . The staff could not have tried harder and evebtually bought portable heaters . Then there was not hot water. Food was excellent and whole place had character stsble bar great atmosphere. In short essential get the heating sorted and s little bit tlc snd this plsce would be fine.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear tracygr,

Thank you for taking the time to review your parents stay at The Manor House Hotel.

I would like to apologise for the lack of hout water during their stay, this was a boiler issue on that particular weekend, and appreciate this was an inconvenience during their stay. I am pleased to report that this was resolved the next day.

I am glad you found the staff to be helpful, and tried hard to help resolve the issues the best they could however.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Auckland
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant
The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Premier Inn Bishop Auckland Hotel

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!