“Very relaxing day”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Auckland
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Very relaxing day”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Spent the day at the Manor for a spa day - we had a great time, food was great, staff very friendly and Clare in the treatment rooms was just fab, spa was just so relaxing would definately go again - thank you

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Veronica T
James H, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Veronica T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent spa day at The Manor House Hotel.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable relaxing day, and enjoyed your treatments with Claire.

I have passed your lovely comments on to the management team, and all the staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

James Hart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I can honestly say that the hotel provided my dream wedding from the moment I entered the hotel the staff were attentive, all our needs were catered for. The food was superb on the day and plentiful, everyone complimented the staff and the hotel well just beautiful, I can hand on heart say it was everything I had dreamed of! Blissfuly happy and magical stay we will be back soon for a nice quiet stay to re-live our wedding day! Thank you again

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Eve B
Dear Eve B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your wedding held at the Manor House Hotel recently.

It means a lot to us that we could help make your wedding day perfect!!

I have passed your lovely comments on to the wedding co-ordinator and all of the staff, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon!

Newbiggin-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here for the Valentine package of bed,breakfast and evening meal. Well worth the money. Excellent service from all staff especially in the dining room.Will most certainly return for another peaceful stay over .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 818denise
Dear 818denise,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Valentines break with us at The Manor House Hotel.

I am delighted that you had yet another great break with us, ad enjoyed dining in our restaurant.

I have passed your lovely comments on to the management team, and all the staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

So bad we left after an hour! My husband booked us into the hotel for a valentines treat, on arrival our room stank of smoke and when we complained the staff offered to spray a bit of air freshener about! The four poster bed we were excited about was a standard bed with a cheap looking wooden frame on top and the 'chandelier' had bulbs that kept flickering on and off. All of this we could of coped with until we decided to get ready for our meal and there was no hot water, the staff explained that it was because everyone else had used it!!! We waited half an hour for it to heat up and then decided to leave. The staff were apologetic but at no point ever tried to solve any of the issues. It's safe to say we won't ever be going back.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kristal32
Dear Kristal32,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback, both good and bad, and use customer comments to help improve our business.

I am sorry that your room smelled of smoke when you checked in. I am unsure as to why this could be, as the hotel operates a strict no smoking policy, and it would have set off our sensitive smoke alarms if somebody had been.

I would also like to apologise for the lack of hot water, which was a propblem with our boiler, which was sorted the next morning by an engineer. However, I appreciate this was an inconvenience and resulted in you checking out after an hour.

I am pleased you found the staff helpful and friendly, however on this occassion, the situation was out of their control, and could only offer their sincere apologies at the time.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be returning to the hotel.

Travelers are raving about these West Auckland hotels

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We have been staying here for a few years now and sadly have seen the place deteriorate and standard drop. It's beginning to look very shabby and dirty with dust and cobwebs everywhere and the carpet in the lounge has been stained for the last couple of years. The dining room is always cold and one needs a coat for dining. The wi if is almost none existent Whilst some of the staff are very friendly others can be rather rude and when pointing out our negative points to a member of staff at our most recent visit it seemed our comments went in one ear and out the other. To be fair the food has always been decent but there is always option on the menu or some wine they are out of .. We used to recommend the place but we cannot any longer. It's also very over priced. It also used to be a quiet hotel but has become nosy .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear suzie142,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Manor House Hotel nearly a year ago in April 2013. We appreciate all guest feedback whether good or bad, however I feel saddened that you could not have brought this to our attention any sooner.

Sorry you would not recommend the hotel, despite not having seen any of the changes that have been made.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The staff at this hotel are really nice , friendly and attentive, that is the only positive thing I can say. The hotel needs a deep clean and most of the towels sheets carpets , in fact the whole place needs replacing. I am surprised they are still open. The area round about is very poor, went for a drink in pub nearby......big mistake, screaming loud music, seems like there had been a fight as brocken glass everywhere, girls falling around drunk, hellish. When I saw this hotel on a groupon offer tonight , I shuddered, the memory of it makes me feel a bit squimish. We stayed there last year, so PERHAPS it has been refurbished, but if not, it is a very low standard hotel, and the food was a bit of a joke, a 12 year old could do a better dinner.The staff however were very nice, felt a bit sorry for them as it was a real uphill battle to make things nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suzie142
harrogate
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my daughter on a living social deal, this included 30 minute back neck & shoulder massage, I also booked in for us both to have a facial. Big mistake!! My daughter had her treatments interrupted 3 times by people coming into the room, there was so much noise some woman screaching with laughter, up & down the corridor for around 15 minutes, unsure if another guest or staff member, however I am sure if I worked there I would of gone out & asked them to be quiet this was after all meant to be a relaxing experience??? Then the extra we had paid for the facial, my therapist left the room after the massage I presumed so I could turn over, however was gone 10 - 15 minutes hard to say as had no watch on, so that's wasted quite a lot of the treatment time, then the facial itself very very poor, popped some cream on took it off then applied a mask I presume & left me again??? Why? when I have had other facials the therapist has never just left they either give you a head or shoulder massage, mine was either reading or writing could hear paper turning, my daughter said her therapist did give her a head massage so perhaps I was just unlucky? I would not recommend adding any extra treatments as stated earlier have no idea what i paid for as I could pop my own face mask on and be left to lay on a couch!!!

Food, lunch ok fish & chips, in the afternoon we had drinks & I ordered my daughter a cake, not fresh something out of a wrapper you could get out of a vending machine, and not cheap either, very disappointing for our evening meal we both had lasagne, so dry not a drop of sauce to be seen anywhere, obviously been reheated 10 times over, I also order the 'bread basket' don't bother 2 tiny bread buns, not a bread basket at all.

The room was ok clean, but sadly we were not in the main part of hotel, room 24 & the window did not shut properly, and it being January it was freezing and blowing a gale wind & rain woke us both up in the night, unable to make room any warmer even with the heating switch turned up full.

All in all deal or no deal I would not go back, I don't mind paying for food drinks extras but I don't like being fobbed off, rubbish food, terrible spa experience and a facial that was nothing more than a quick 5 minute treatment with a lot of laying around...

Sad as it was a treat for my daughter & sadly as stated her treatments were interrupted, food poor & cold room with windows that don't close properly.

Stayed January 2014
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!