“Lovely old Hotel”

The Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Auckland
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a good night at this hotel on sat, lovely room bit small but nice and clean and every thing you need. Prices were very good in the bar and even the resturant menu and prices were good .We were a party of 8 mixed ages and all had a good time. Pool area very clean, on the whole a nice break and hopefully be back but will book a spa treatment as a treat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
James H, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear DurhamShaft,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Manor House Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope you enjoy sampling some of our spa treatments.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for The Manor House Hotel

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and i stayed at the Manor House hotel for our honeymoon, we cannot praise the hotel highly enough, staff were very helpfull, the room was lovely, the food was excellent. The stay at the hotel made the perfect ending to a perfect day.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
James H, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear sky86,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay with us at The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

I will pass your kind words onto all of our staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here recently for just one night and a shame it was not for longer. Impressive looking building, great staff, great room, great food - what more can you ask for! Lovely old lounge area, separate bar area which was popular with the locals which is nice to see. Keep up the good work and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Rooms in the old part of the hotel are wonderful although the floor boards do squeek a little!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
AngelaThomas, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear SuffolkboyEngland,

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your lovely feedback on to all of the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Manor House Hotel soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I were given this as a xmas gift from good friends, we were really looking forward to visiting the Manor House Hotel after reading such promising reviews. Unfortunately when I rang to book our afternoon tea on Friday 28th Dec I was informed by a member of staff that they were fully booked that day. I asked about availability over the weekend to be told again that they were fully booked. I explained that our voucher deal runs out on January 3rd and that we return to work that day, I was not offered any availability to use it.
I understand that this is a popular hotel and has an excellent reputation but feel very let down that they couldn't honour the voucher before it expired. I would think twice about purchasing a deal from Living Social again for this hotel.

1  Thank Rozzii40

Dear Rozzii40,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your afternoon tea booking. Sorry that you could not make a reservation before the voucher expired, but as I am sure you can appreciate, we were very busy so close to Christmas and New Year, and everybody was trying to use their vouchers before they expired.

If you would like to use your living social voucher for the afternoon tea, I am happy to extend the expiry date for you. Please contact me on 01388 834834. We look forward to welcoming you to The Manor House Hotel.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a rambling house that is said to have been King Henry's hunting lodge. Very atmospheric, though warm and cosy. The staff are great and if the walls could tell a story you'd be here for months. Food is of a good standard as is the flexibility of the staff. We had travelled from Norfolk so that I could watch my beloved Spurs at Sunderland. We arrived at 10 o'clock although book in time is 14.00. My wife and daughter were able to use the Spa and its facilities, until the room was prepared, even though my daughter was not even staying here, nice touch. We will be staying here again and I would recommend it.

Dear Boomtownchav,

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that your family enjoyed using our spa facilities, and I will pass your kind comments on to all of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I can not praise our Christmas day lunch highly enough.
From the moment we walked into this fabulous historic house the warm and friendly welcome given by Angela was second to none.
Every attention to detail was catered for on an extremely busy day for all the staff.
Our meal was perfect with great choices on all courses.
We will be returning next year without a doubt!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank raintonred

Dear Raintonred,

Thankyou for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas Day lunch with us. It is great to know that we made your Christmas enjoyable and memorable. I will pass your kind words onto Angela and all of the other staff that worked Christmas day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Manor House Hotel very soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Quite a distance from where we live but well worth the drive. Booked afternoon tea as part of a living social deal. Greeted by staff we were asked to take a seat in the lovely arm chairs and pick a sandwich to go with our afternoon tea. Enjoyed a large pot of tea which made 4 cups each, enjoyed chicken stuffing and cranberry sandwiches, and tuna and onion, tortilla chips and salad. The top tier had fruit scones (still warm) accompinend with cream and jam... Perfect. Thank you for a wonderful afternoon!

• Stayed: December 2012
James H, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear marc-emma1605-2008,

Many thanks for your recent review of The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us.

I will pass your lovely comments onto all of our staff.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Manor House Hotel in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Auckland
The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Lumley Castle Hotel
Lumley Castle Hotel
#5 of 18 in Durham

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!