“Let down with Living Social Deal Afternoon Tea”

The Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Auckland
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Let down with Living Social Deal Afternoon Tea”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I were given this as a xmas gift from good friends, we were really looking forward to visiting the Manor House Hotel after reading such promising reviews. Unfortunately when I rang to book our afternoon tea on Friday 28th Dec I was informed by a member of staff that they were fully booked that day. I asked about availability over the weekend to be told again that they were fully booked. I explained that our voucher deal runs out on January 3rd and that we return to work that day, I was not offered any availability to use it.
I understand that this is a popular hotel and has an excellent reputation but feel very let down that they couldn't honour the voucher before it expired. I would think twice about purchasing a deal from Living Social again for this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rozzii40
AngelaThomas, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Rozzii40,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your afternoon tea booking. Sorry that you could not make a reservation before the voucher expired, but as I am sure you can appreciate, we were very busy so close to Christmas and New Year, and everybody was trying to use their vouchers before they expired.

If you would like to use your living social voucher for the afternoon tea, I am happy to extend the expiry date for you. Please contact me on 01388 834834. We look forward to welcoming you to The Manor House Hotel.

James Hart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a rambling house that is said to have been King Henry's hunting lodge. Very atmospheric, though warm and cosy. The staff are great and if the walls could tell a story you'd be here for months. Food is of a good standard as is the flexibility of the staff. We had travelled from Norfolk so that I could watch my beloved Spurs at Sunderland. We arrived at 10 o'clock although book in time is 14.00. My wife and daughter were able to use the Spa and its facilities, until the room was prepared, even though my daughter was not even staying here, nice touch. We will be staying here again and I would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Boomtownchav,

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that your family enjoyed using our spa facilities, and I will pass your kind comments on to all of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I can not praise our Christmas day lunch highly enough.
From the moment we walked into this fabulous historic house the warm and friendly welcome given by Angela was second to none.
Every attention to detail was catered for on an extremely busy day for all the staff.
Our meal was perfect with great choices on all courses.
We will be returning next year without a doubt!!

2 Thank raintonred
Dear Raintonred,

Thankyou for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas Day lunch with us. It is great to know that we made your Christmas enjoyable and memorable. I will pass your kind words onto Angela and all of the other staff that worked Christmas day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Manor House Hotel very soon.

Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Quite a distance from where we live but well worth the drive. Booked afternoon tea as part of a living social deal. Greeted by staff we were asked to take a seat in the lovely arm chairs and pick a sandwich to go with our afternoon tea. Enjoyed a large pot of tea which made 4 cups each, enjoyed chicken stuffing and cranberry sandwiches, and tuna and onion, tortilla chips and salad. The top tier had fruit scones (still warm) accompinend with cream and jam... Perfect. Thank you for a wonderful afternoon!

• Stayed December 2012
James H, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear marc-emma1605-2008,

Many thanks for your recent review of The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us.

I will pass your lovely comments onto all of our staff.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Manor House Hotel in the near future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Don't normally do reviews but felt I had to praise the staff at The Manor House Hotel (as it doesn't very often in any business!)
Myself and a group of friends went to the Manor House Hotel on Sunday 16th December for a chill out day with the Living Social Voucher. What a fantastic day and value for Money
All the staff were absolutely fantastic, so friendly and helpful (Nothing was a problem for any of them!)
The lady that met us in the Spa reception was lovely and the restaurant staff were great upgrading us to Sunday Lunch and an extra treat (which they didn't have to do but they did so thankyou very much for that!)
We all had a fabulous day and will be returning in the near future.

Thanks again for a great day

Room Tip: We ddn't stay over so cannot comment on rooms
Dear keely3578,

Thankyou for your recent review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your spa day with us.

I will pass your kind comments onto all of our staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Manor House Hotel in the very near future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We arrived the the Manor House Hotel yesterday (we were slightly late as we got lost on route), to a Glass of bubbly and chocolate dipped strawberries, we then had treatments and a leisurely lunch. The pool is not enormous, but adequate, the sauna, steam room and spa are all good. The staff were very friendly, we did make some enquiries about going again and we were shown some of the bedrooms. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We will definitely be back with an overnight stay.

A very satisfied spa goer

2 Thank Liz P
Dear Liz P,

Thankyou for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your spa day with us.

I will pass your kind comments on to all of the staff who will be as pleased as I am to welcome you back to The Manor House Hotel in the near future.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Paid £40 for a spa day from living social. What a bargain!! Glass of bubbly, choc dipped strawberries, 2 half hour treatments and lunch thrown in. All excellent. The pool was ok altho not massive and the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were good. Only negative comments were the pool area was a bit dark being painted dark khaki green and there was only 4 loungers that were empty most of the time but had towels on reserving them. To be fair there was a notice asking customers not to do this but it was ignored. Would recommend tho.....

• Stayed December 2012
Dear SueAppleyard,

Thankyou for your recent review of The Manor House Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your spa day with us. I am sorry that the khaki green in the pool area was not to your tastes, and that you were unable to enjoy any of the loungers by pool side.

I will pass all of your comments on to the managers and staff at the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Hopefully next time you will be able to enoy the poolside loungers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Auckland
Premier Inn Bishop Auckland Hotel
Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant
Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf
The Honest Lawyer Hotel

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!