“Outstanding quality hotel”

Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Headlam
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We enjoyed Easter Sunday and Easter Monday at Headlam Hall.

We can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We have stayed in the Main Hall rooms before, which are lovely however this time we stayed in one of the spa rooms. They are also very nice. We stayed in the Lavender room which is really well appointed with a very comfortable bedroom and lounge and with very high housekeeping standards. Whilst all aspects of this hotel are of outstanding quality, particular plus points for us are the standard of food and the high quality spa (pool, sauna, steam room, outside terrace, outside hydrotherapy pool).

Our dinner was again exceptional with outstanding food quality and service. The venison we had was the best we have ever had.

Service in the bar/lounge area is attentive and the lunch we had in the brasserie on Easter Sunday was really nice.

We will definitely return to this hotel and 110% recommend a stay there. Wonderful spa break with a fantastic dinner.

Room Tip: We liked the spa rooms as you can go to the pool in your dressing gown, however the main hall is als...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed overnight during a business trip.The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.The room was clean , very comfortable and deliciously warm.The restaurant provided excellent, high quality and delicious food.As a woman travelling on my own, I felt very at ease,safe and welcomed.The spa was clean and I enjoyed a quiet hour in there.I didn't have time to fully experience the grounds but the small bit I saw looked to be beautiful and well kept.The location allows for a gorgeous drive through the countryside but is not too far from the larger towns.It was a joy to find a hotel staffed by local people and I would definitely return when i am in that area again.

Room Tip: Ask the staff when booking.I required a ground floor room as I had lots of buckets of flowers to mov...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Annette U
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice whilst working away with work.

First night I arrived late, ate in the fabulous restaurant and went to bed. Experience was good and I felt it was good value - I didn't know the half of it!

Second night I arrived a lot earlier and got to take advantage of the facilities.

As a keen golfer I tried out the nine hole course and was amazed by such an interesting little course. A real beauty that you wouldn't expect on the back of a hotel.

The spa, gym and pool were also brilliant and as they are fairly new felt very luxurious.

I basked in the beautiful grounds as well as in the summertime this is a real English treat.

I enjoyed the trip so much I am looking for reasons to be up in this area again to revisit.

I can't say enough good things about this place - you have to try!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had lunch at this wonderful 17th century country hall which is a immaculately maintained and well run establishment. I started with home made parsnip soup and we both settled for Boeuf Bourguignon for our main. My wife then finished with Sticky Toffee Pudding while I chose Panna Cotta with fresh Strawberries and cream, all were cooked beautifully and very tasty at a very reasonable price. Service is very welcoming and I would urge anyone in the area to give it a try, we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert H
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Wednesday last week with my sister. Felt very welcomed and very comfortable from the offset. This is a hotel with no pretending it's anything else accept what it is, a beautiful family ran country house hotel with oddles of charm, sophisticated decor, atmosphere second to nowhere. Service in this home from home is lovely, very friendly with great personality from everyone. On to the food: delicious is probably a apt word. Surf and turf starter is a must a great combination of... Well not telling you you must find out for yourself, main was venison simply perfection, craving for it now! I would probably go on till my fingers hurt typing but I won't. If you want to experience a country house hotel that has everything going on for it and I mean everything it has to be headlam hall hotel

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Irregularly stay at the Headlam Hall on business.
The staff are top class and extremely helpful and accommodating. I often have to change arrangements at short notice and there is never a problem or a moan from the staff. The restaurant is lovely with great steak and an above average breakfast.
For the price I throughly recommend it!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed April 1, 2014

we stayed here one night because we had booked to dine at the Raby Hunt Inn and they had no rooms available so they referred us to Headlam Hall. (Hope Headlam Hall appreciate that the Raby Hunt Inn refers guests to HH!).

It actually worked out well as we had wanted to stay at Headlam Hall so it gave us a chance to dine at RHI but experience HH. Our room was in the main building. Comfortable. Old fashioned, but befitting the style/atmosphere of the old Hall. We had intended to go for a walk but the weather was awful so we went to the spa and enjoyed a laze and a swim before getting ready for dinner.

Every single member of staff that we encountered was just delightful. So genuinely friendly, helpful and kind. This is a family run hotel and you can immediately tell that you will get a personal service not a corporate "that's not my job" attitude that you can find in other places.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor in the main house. Room was fine and comfortable, but we could hear the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dee090
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headlam
Rockliffe Hall
Seaham Hall
#1 of 1 in Seaham
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
The Morritt Country House Hotel

Been to Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!