My partner and I visited Headlam Hall to celebrate our Anniversary; we stayed using the Serene Sunday package which Headlam offers this costs £79 and includes; a one night stay, afternoon tea, 3 Course evening meal and breakfast, you can also use the spa facilities.
All staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful, when we checked in we were taken straight to our room. When staying in other hotels we have often found that because we are a young couple the service that we have been given was not up to the same level as what older couples were receiving but this was certainly not the case at Headlam.
We stayed in the Floral room in the main building, which had a gorgeous view. Bedroom and bathroom were clean, bed extremely comfy and we especially liked all the little touches dotted around (biscuits, glass bottled water, shower gels etc...) Also thankfully there was another hairdryer in the dressing table as the one in the bathroom was not too good!
The main building of the Hotel is beautiful particularly the lounge area, very peaceful for a pre dinner drink. The grounds are lovely to walk around, so is the surrounding countryside if you fancy a look out.
For me the selling point of Headlam Hall is the Spa. I used to be a member and that is one of the main reasons why I chose to visit the Hotel for our special occasion. Gorgeous facilities and in my opinion the best around, always spotlessly clean. Steam room and Sauna are top quality, outside Jacuzzi makes the spa just that little bit more special. Gym is a great size for the hotel, nice and personal hardly anyone ever in and equipment is great. What I like most about the Spa is that unlike other Hotels, Headlam has a restriction on when children can use the facilities, so you are free to swim and enjoy in peace.
I have left a separate review about our evening meal on the restaurant section of Tripadvisor.
Afternoon Tea was very nice; although a comment to make would be that the ratio of sandwiches to cakes was off, 3 large portion of heavy cakes but only a sandwich (4 triangles without crusts) each. Continental breakfast was average but cooked was splendid. Great local sourced products for the full English but there was also a choice of salmon and other fish, it was also great that they asked how we would like our eggs to be cooked.
Overall, this package is absolutely fabulous value and would recommend anyone to stay at the Hotel and have a day at the Spa. Especially using this offer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-star country house hotel with luxury spa and golf course. Set in beautiful gardens and surrounded by open countryside making an ideal rural retreat. Restaurant serving award winning 2 AA rosette food made with local produce and friendly professional service. Independent family owned and run hotel and farm. North East Small Hotel of the Year 2009/10. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa And Golf
- Headlam Hall Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf County Durham