It is a very impressive building and beautiful grounds, get the tree plan and walk route from reception. We spent two nights here and did over all have avery nice time. Things could be greatly improved on the service front. I felt quite sorry for all the staff who appeared very harassed and run off their feet. Especially so in Mortons resturant on the Friday evening. We waited 15 mins to be seated with no one even saying they would be with us soon. We were thrown a bread roll, no choice of cold roll, our water was dumped on the table with nothing said at all. The meal was ok but not an enjoyable experience, we tried to order coffee but were told we had to go to the bar for that. My husband ordered a pint of bitter that had to be got from the cellar as wew were told with a tut and much rolling of eyes ( yes Lucy, named and shamed!!!!)and when we asked about a bottle of wine we were directed to the cheapest on that was on offer. Now I have always been told never assume that the customer cant afford something, some one should tell them that.
Our room was a junior suite, nice but no fridge and no tariff for the selection of drinks on the side, I assume they were not included. Slightly disapointing bathroom but nice lotion and potions. We tried the pool and spa bath for all of 10mins as it was way too busy. The changing rooms could have done with a clean.
The thing that left us on a high note was Saturday evening in the Orangery. Beautiful setting, attentive staff and fantastic food. Loved the "modern English" and local produce. Eat here every evening is the best advise I can offer, its well worth the extra money as the braek on the whole was such good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Cotswolds country house hotel is situated in a stunning South Gloucestershire location, conveniently near to Bristol. A grade II* listed Victorian mansion, De Vere Tortworth Court offers all the grandeur of an elegant Cotswold's hotel alongside the hotel facilities of a premier four star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your De Vere Tortworth Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortworth Court 4 Pillars Hotel
- Court Hotel Tortworth
- Tortworth Court Hotel
- De Vere Tortworth Court Gloucestershire