Arrived Friday 3.30 ish. Knew we would not be able to get in to the room before 4pm. But we were told room was ready so off we trotted. We only wanted a basic room as we did not plan to be in very much. But it had all we needed, hair dryer, iron (just in case) tea/coffee/biscuits and some toiletries in the bathroom. Very comfy bed and lovely pillows.
Food excellent, we are veggies, there were a good couple of options for us at dinner in Mortons restaurant. Some places we have been to offer 1 option,not the case here. I heard somebody ask for something different that was not on the menu, it was no trouble at all. We had a 3 course meal each and the food was just so so good. Not mean on portions either.
The wine list was brilliant, they keep a good cellar.
Breakfast was so good, the choice was endless, I felt a bit guilty just having cereal and a croissant. You help yourself to the buffet breakfast, they cook the veggie sausages, poached/boiled eggs to order. I recall seeing kippers on the breakfast menu too.
Lunch was in the lounge bar, I has the nacho's with all the works and was so full, excellent value for money. We had a morning coffee in the Atrium and the lovely lady behind the counter in there was so helpful and friendly. The staff wherever you go are friendly and helpful.
The grounds are just beautiful, we picked a very hot weekend to go, so were grateful of the cool shade of the most magnificent trees. There is tree trail to follow.
There is a pool and Spa treatment centre which we have used in the past, didn't this time sadly, but I overheard people saying what a fabulous Spa centre.
We have stayed many times before, the last time we stayed, 2 years ago we were disappointed by the quality of the food and the run down appearance of parts of the hotel. Well they have done a very good job of turning it around.
Can't wait to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Cotswolds country house hotel is situated in a stunning South Gloucestershire location, conveniently near to Bristol. A grade II* listed Victorian mansion, De Vere Tortworth Court offers all the grandeur of an elegant Cotswold's hotel alongside the hotel facilities of a premier four star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your De Vere Tortworth Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortworth Court 4 Pillars Hotel
- Court Hotel Tortworth
- Tortworth Court Hotel
- De Vere Tortworth Court Gloucestershire