We stayed here for 2 nights on a package which does represent fair value for money. We had a good sized room with a clean and well appointed bathroom. However the bed is rather firm and the pillows are in definite need of replacement. On both nights there was quite a lot of noise coming from parties in the Orangery - which has a glass roof and is therefore not a good insulator for sound from a dance floor. However, this was a minor issue for us. The public rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The service is very good and friendly. The hotel rather lets itself down with its food which tends to be big on portion size when perhaps more emphasis could be made on the quality. A dish of the day would be a useful addition to the menu. The wine list is disappointing. The wines are not cheap and are not in my view of good quality. They could easily get much more interesting wines and still sell them at a good profit.
The hotel is well located with good access to lots of good places to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Cotswolds country house hotel is situated in a stunning South Gloucestershire location, conveniently near to Bristol. A grade II* listed Victorian mansion, De Vere Tortworth Estate offers all the grandeur of an elegant Cotswold's hotel alongside the hotel facilities of a premier four star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your De Vere Tortworth Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortworth Court 4 Pillars Hotel
- Court Hotel Tortworth
- Tortworth Court Hotel
- De Vere Tortworth Estate Gloucestershire