Bought a Sunday night £99 stay for my girlfriend's birthday on a recommendation of a friend. Didn't really know what to expect after reading mixed reviews on here. I cannot fault any part of our stay. The reception staff were excellent, giving us a room in the main building (no.4) after I asked for an upgrade. The room was clean and everything you would require for a stay was provided. The bathroom was large and whilst some of the fittings were a bit tired it was spotlessly clean and the water was piping hot and high pressure.
After bringing our bags in, we walked back down the main staircase and marvelled at the wonderful architecture of this magnificent building. We took our seats in the atrium where after a long wait were eventually served 2delicious cream teas, the scones were warm! There were complimentary newspapers and magazines and the ambience in the atrium as dusk fell was wonderful. Next up was the pool and steam room/sauna. By 6.30pm the pool had only a few guests using it. The water was warm and we spent an hour or so swimming and sweating! We booked our 3 course evening meal for 9pm and were shown to our table in the magnificent dining room. I was half expecting Dumbledore to take our order. The fittings and fixtures in what I presume was once a library were a joy to behold. Intricate stonework and ornate wood carving was everywhere. The food was amazing, 3 courses and all perfectly cooked, we couldn't fault it at all and all included in the £99!! There was plenty of choice on the menu, something for everyone.
My girlfriend and I couldn't fault the hotel at all apart from it being very warm in every area which was a pleasant surprise when we first arrived, but we did find it rather hot to sleep in and had the window wide open all through the night...but it could have been worse it could have been cold!!
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and my girlfriend is already trying to book us in for a few months time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Cotswolds country house hotel is situated in a stunning South Gloucestershire location, conveniently near to Bristol. A grade II* listed Victorian mansion, De Vere Tortworth Court offers all the grandeur of an elegant Cotswold's hotel alongside the hotel facilities of a premier four star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your De Vere Tortworth Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortworth Court 4 Pillars Hotel
- Court Hotel Tortworth
- Tortworth Court Hotel
- De Vere Tortworth Court Gloucestershire