“Sunday supper”
Review of The Fox & Hounds

The Fox & Hounds
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For enquiries and bookings please call
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My partner decided to pop out for a meal with my daughter whilst I was working as we had been out all day.
What a good decision it was as they had a great meal of roast lamb & pork which was cooked to perfection all served with a great selection of veg & lashings of tasty gravy.
Although they were full they shared a delicious portion of baileys cheesecake.
A tasty meal good value with staff that welcomed you warmly & nothing was too much trouble, it was service with a smile all the way!!! Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went there Sunday 24th November and pub was very busy but that's no excuse for the lousy Sunday roast we had. The last time we visited we sent the pork back because it was fat and gristle. This time we had starters of whitebait which could be best describes as luke warm. The lamb was gristle and tough and we left it and complained to the waitress who just smiled and swept away the plates. No apology. The vegetables were nearly cold. Never to be repeated. A complete waste of a lot of money.

2  Thank skibereencork
Reviewed November 23, 2013

After a number of visits which proved hit and miss, this pub has finally got it right. Food and portions great, great menu, excellent curry, staff still need a bit of training, bar waiting times can be a bit long, would be nice to get a welcome. Hopefully that will come. Still well worth a visit!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Although only recently moved to the village I have visited this pub on a number of occasions in the past.

New owners (also have The Bell, Yatton Keynell) earlier this year have transformed the venue and it is now a wonderful place to visit for a drink or to eat.

Loads of specials and food is always perfectly cooked and served. The warmest of welcomes is given to everyone - not just locals (which is not always the case with village pubs!). I can't begin to recommend particular dishes because I love being tantalised by reading through the extensive specials menu and treating myself to something different on each visit. A great touch is the "takeaway fish and chips/curry menu", so if you don't have time to dine in, try that for a change.

The sign of a good village pub is how many locals use it. This one is certainly busy with local residents. Excellent cellar (there speaks an ex-publican) and a great wine list too. How spoiled am I ?

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We wanted somewhere for a family Sunday lunch before a stroll at Westonbirt Arboretum. I looked on Trip Advisor and chose the Fox & Hounds and I'm so glad we did. The chic country pub decor, the roaring log fire, the live pianist and the extremely helpful staff. They were all so friendly and didn't mind one bit when our 15 month old decided he wanted to toddle around introducing himself to all and generally getting under everyone's feet. We had the beer battered queen cod (which was an enormous beautifully crisp with delicate moist cod) and roast chicken (half a chicken!). As the fish pie had run out for the children, they kindly offered to poach a piece of cod and served it with mash and tasty veg. We would have loved to have tried the puddings but unfortunately the little one had other ideas!