“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Almondsbury
UK
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Despite its proximity to very busy roads, we found the Swan a pleasant place to stay for a couple of nights and we slept well.The room was very clean and tidy, comfortable and well maintained. There was a good choice for breakfast, including a range of quality teas, and the food we had was all tasty and well cooked. Main meals were reasonably priced and enjoyable. Excellent value and more comfortable than some of the 4 star hotels we have stayed in!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Accrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed at the Swan for the second time on 18th june, Great place and honestly can`t fault the atmosfere, helpfulness of the staff , food , cleanliness and condition of rooms , bathrooms
However unfotunatelly the one thing that does spoil things is the almost constant loud noise from both trafic and other guests. The first time I stayed I was in the annex furthest away from the road, so not too bad, this time in a differnt part of the annex, room 10, the noise was much worse, no double glazing and the interior walls /insulation is allmost non existant, i.e. woken at 2am by what I thought as a burst pipe which I then realised was someone at the toilet in another room ! after little sleep, then woken again by someones alarm at 6am again in another room. Sorry Swan. Really do like you. But do need sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Staff were very helpful on check-in and very knowledgeable and bubbly in the restaurant. Rooms were comfortable good value, but were a little bit noisy as the floors are quite creaky and you could hear every movement from the room above you, but this didn't affect us too much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The quality of the hotel was very good for the facilities that they had, This was a last minute find, The room was adaquate size for myself. The staff was really helpful and also was very plesant. The only issue I would say that stopped it for being a top rating is due to the fact that when I turned the hot tap on in my room i had to be careful or else I would have scaulded myself pretty much instantly. Also I would have liked a larger range of food seeming they have a pub that can be open to Hotel guest and also the public. Also there was no pool but I didn't mind as it was cold when i visited. Other than that it was a very plesant stay and I would recommend it and also come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here overnight to visit family in Bristol. The hotel is on a busy main road, so it is noisy at bedtime and you can hear cars throughout the night and early in the morning. The room was average size, clean and comfortable. We had booked for breakfast and it was dreadful and staff were unhelpful. We helped ourselves to cereal, but there was no milk, I asked for milk and was told there was a meeting upstairs and they would bring some milk down (only one bottle of milk??!!) eventually we were brought some milk and the amount given really wasn't worth the wait (yep - only one bottle of milk!!) I'd ordered toast and had to ask for some butter, again the portion was so small, I ended up asking for a further 2 portions (maybe only 1 pack of butter too!!) the cooked breakfast was below average and because we had to keep asking for things (tea, milk, butter, cutlery, ketchup) the waiter soon appeared annoyed at us and became more unhelpful.
Would not stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Garth J, Owner at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
HI,

Many thanks for your feedback and I would like to take this opportunity to address a number of points.

As you arrived for breakfast at the very end of service, unfortunately the milk had not been re-stocked as the breakfast person was unsure whether you would be coming in for breakfast. At the time you requested milk he was in the middle of serving breakfast to a large meeting upstairs. When he got the milk to you he tried to explain the delay due to the meeting but this has obviously be misconstrued.

I'm sorry you didn't receive enough butter with your toast. We always give 1 slice which is usually sufficient but wasn't in this case.

I'm surprised you found the cooked breakfast below standard also. All of the meats are locally sourced, as are the eggs and vegetables. They are all cooked to order to maintain the quality and freshness and 99% of all feedback we receive about any of our food is exceptional.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay as we aim to ensure all guests have an exceptional time with us and it appears on this occasion we have failed to do so.

Regards...

The Swan Hotel
Bromley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was a last minute find as all the hotels we tried in Bristol were either too expensive or full, we therefore had no idea of the quality of the Swan. The staff make this place, they were wonderful, friendly and helpful, the food was very good indeed (as was explained - "award winning") and the room was basic but more than adequate. One small issue was that the bathroom radiator wasn't on and the room was chilly, but had we mentioned this to the manager I am sure he would have rectified it - we didn't think at the time to mention it (and didn't hang around in the bathroom!). All in all very happy with our stay and would be happy to return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed for business as located just off of M5. The room wasn't huge but was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. I arrived too late for dinner. A very nice hotel at a reasonable rate, although I paid less than advertised through laterooms. Would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almondsbury
Lodge On The Park
Alveston House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Alveston
Almondsbury Interchange Hotel
Premier Inn Bristol (Alveston) Hotel

Been to Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!