“You get what you pay for”

Almondsbury Interchange Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Almondsbury
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Cheap hotel so don't expect much.

Room very hot, and obvious location to motorway means lost of traffic noise.

Dated hotel but excellent breakfast.

Cheaper than cab home, but would only use as last resort!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rog21

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My usual hotel was fully booked, so I stayed at the Interchange-mistake!

Dingy reception, dirty, outdated rooms, avocado bathroom suite and a TV from the 80s!

It's a cheap hotel on a dual carriage way, so it's never going to be a 5* stay, but it's pretty bad.

Only saving grace was breakfast, which wasn't bad, although you need to pay an extra £2!

2  Thank cookie142
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had to use this hotel while working in Bristol...nothing special about it room was ok old tv and free view box when it worked bathroom outdated bath was rusty,,,dirty carpets and this hotel is miles from anywhere ...company paid for breakfast would not have paid the £ 2 for cooked breakfast if i had to

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The whole experience was greatly disappointing and I can now see after staying why the previous reviews have said what they have said. The hotel room was dirty the tv was practically on the floor was u couldn't see when in bed. Having a 2 year old with us who has recently been sleeping in a bed I was scared with her sleeping in the bed at the hotel as was so high up. The hotel room walls were so thin we could hear next door boiling a kettle. So all in all the nights sleep was bad. But to top it all of I was optimistic the continental breakfast may have redeemed it. However with only dried up bread and cereal on offer it was not to be. So we upgraded to a full english breakfast, another mistake unfortunately as with one sausage a scoop of beans and a slice of bacon for an extra £2 was not worth it. And a quarter bit of fried bread, a quarter not even half was a joke. Upon checking out was already waiting for the receptionist to ask how our stay was but she didn't ask and just took payment without even thanking us for staying. I would not recommending staying at this hotel and would suggest looking at any alternative hotel destination.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night only due to location to our destination. Paid £29 from late booking which was plenty compared to full price on board in hotel of £70 +
On arrival booked in, large ample car park and staff seemed polite enough although not chatty. Restaurant looked closed so went next door to the Swan for evening meal and drink which I would recommend.
On return to hotel had a drink in the bar which is manned by reception staff when she's got time then returned to our room.
Room ok for size, furniture dated but all matched, curtains nice and dark, tea / coffee, tv and free view ( when it works) but so low down the only place you can watch it is sat on the end if the bed!, plenty hanging space and coat hangers and plenty hot water . Bedding nice , 2 pillows each and towels pretty good.
Now for the bad!
Bed slopped up hill so we had to sleep with our heads at the foot end! Bed very uncomfortable, woke early with serious bad back so had to get out! Bed springy! Bed noisy with
every movement! Wall lights did not work! Furniture damaged! Only one wall socket to be shared with kettle! NO hair dryer as in description ! Taps thick with limescale around spout! Bath panel broken! Walls thin!
Corridors noisy! But worst all of the carpet was absolutely filthy ! Used to be cream now covered in HUGE stains and dirt/ hair , ? Human or dog :( there was no way I could walk around bare foot. I can except wear and tear and the odd bit of mould or dirt but not pure filth! This room has either not been hoovered in a long while or needs a new Hoover but mainly just a new carpet would do !!! For this reason I would not stay here again. Continental breakfast was ok, juice, tea, coffee, cereals and toast. No pastries etc but you can upgrade to a full English for £2 pp.
on leaving and checking out the woman on the desk did not bother Asking how our stay / room had been. Probably because she was embarrassed as she knew what the reply would be! For £29 I would usually say you get what you pay for but we spent the previous 2 nights in a premier Inn in Birmingham for the same rate and got 5* service and accommodation .

1  Thank bottle-blond
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Plus Sides...

This is my second stay at this Hotel, and I came back for a reason. It's cost effective, better and sometimes cheaper than staying in a BnB. The hotel has a 24 hour reception ( That has security at night ) and I had piece of mind....hence my return. I was well impressed last time that my room was upgraded to a double. All the single rooms had been reserved through a.n.other website i think !! - So I had the benefit of a 2 day upgrade. I'm only guessing if i'd stayed longer then I would of had to pay the double room rate !!! - Not sure, but I think that's standard with other hotels. Breakfast was free continental and decent.. I paid the £ 2 to upgrade to the full english breakfast, which was good, and asked for soft boiled eggs, which were served. The staff were decent enough on arrival, there was a free paper on reception with wi-fi that is of average speed, but acceptable.

The Less Than Plus Sides....

There isn't a local shop to pop too within 5 mins walk.. It's about 10mins. Not hotels fault tbh !!

I didnt see any cctv cameras in the car park.. ( perhaps they are hidden !! ) but since it's opposite Almondsbury Police Motorway Traffic Unit.. I doubt its a target for a sensible thief !

The Bar should be open All Day from Midday on a Weekend, and not at 6pm.. like the rest of the week. I understand it's not a pub.. But there is a massive Flat Screen Tv in there with Sport on a Weekend that i'd like to watch over a couple of cold beers.

All in all, I think the Hotel is Ok. Yes it could do with some minor tweaks as I have said above, but at the end of the day.. If i'm paying £ 37 for a room, I'm paying it for a reason.. And i havent been dissapointed with my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SJRJACK
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After seeing the reviews from other guests, I was a little worried about having booked this but for the money and the fact it was only one night, I thought 'never mind'.
Well, all I can say is I must have stayed somewhere totally different to the other reviewers! We booked two rooms and paid £74, this included parking. The rooms were more than satisfactory, clean, comfortable with all the necessary facilities you could want for an overnight stay. I have paid more for less comfort and cleanliness in a chain roadside establishment.
The breakfast was more than adequate, a choice of several cereals, toast, juices, fruit etc. If you wanted a cooked breakfast is was only £2 extra. Plenty of hot tea and coffee - really what more do you want?
I would definitely stay here again when I'm in the area. The bonus is it's not too far from the Mall and easy access into the center of Bristol.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JJ_Dragon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almondsbury
Travelodge Bristol Filton Hotel
Swan Hotel
Swan Hotel
#4 of 5 in Almondsbury
Travelodge Bristol Cribbs Causeway

Been to Almondsbury Interchange Hotel? Share your experiences!