“cribbs causeway visit”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Almondsbury
South Brent, United Kingdom
“cribbs causeway visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We decided to stay here as it was very close to Cribbs Causeway and we stayed Friday so we could get there early for xmas shopping on Saturday. We only paid £29 plus £4 for upgrade breakfast. How anyone can moan is beyond me. The room was a little outdated but clean and warm and had everyting we needed for a comfortable night. It is on the main road but we slept well. The staff were nice and helpful. We had a lovely sirloin steak meal at a reasonable price. The drinks were quite expensive but you expect that in a hotel. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Taunton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Rang b4 booking to check could have early breakfast 5:15 & assured no problem.
On arrival this was a problem & initially told could have cold continental breakfast (cereal & toast) but no hot drink. I said ok then will have in my room & make my own coffee. Later received call to say they would do coffee downstairs & they did.
Room: smelled of paint. 2 bedside lamps unplugged & when I enquired initially told for health & safety reasons, then other guests had unplugged them, & finally when someone came to look, 'just for show'! Bathroom dated but fully functional. Bed comfortable.
Food: restaurant now closed, so only bar food available. Score 3/10.
Wifi only available in 6 rooms.
Price £42
I normally stay in b&b in Bristol for £30 & much better, but no vacancies that night...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Almondsbury hotels

Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Decor a bit tired but the staff more than made up for that.
Booked as a last minute option with a degree of concern due to very cheap rate. We needn't have worried.
Clean comfortable room with relaxing airbath and shower.
Staff were coping with a flooded room on the first floor that had caused damage to the rooms below but kept a smile and very 'Can Do' attitude throughout our stay
Breakfast was good and check out was friendly and efficient.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Needed a hotel because we needed to visit our relative's in the Bristol area,nice receptionist...we did request a disabled room and when we arrived our room was on the first floor.We asked if the hotel had a lift and we was told no we also explained this was no good because of my disability,i cannot climb stair's and she found us a ground floor room..no 30.outside in the area to our room it was piled high with carpet tiles (pictures attached) this and a pile of bagged linen clearly visable through the fire door....BOTH in breach of health and safety.Usual overpriced beverages in the bar and a option to have a cooked breakfast for £2 this was not available due to the chef being of ill,just a basic cereals and toast.

Room Tip: Good location to the surrounding Bristol area itr's a basic Hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Essex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We frequently visit Bristol as we have family that live there. Usually we stay at lodge on the park but unfortunately we booked to late. Despite the harsh reviews for Almondsbury we thought we would give it a try and see for ourselves. My god is was exactly what had been described. I do not know where the rooms the pictures in here are because our room looked nothing like it. It was a 70's throw back so poorly decorated, this I could sort of stomach for £35 however the smell of rotting damp I could not cope with and the noise as the walls are so thin. I could hear the person next door going to the toilet. The lady on reception was also so miserable when we arrived, I know it was late but there was not need for that. Cheer up. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights, we actually left the following day as I could not stay there another night let alone bear the thought of having to have a bath there as the shower didn't work. I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me!

• Stayed September 2012
Dover
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Having read some of the reviews, I was really worried about our couple of nights in Bristol. I think some of the previous reviewers expectations are just too great. The rooms were dated sure, but it was clean, the staff were fine and efficient as you would expect and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised.The reported traffic noise was not an issue as far as I was concerned, or my daughter and boyfriend who stayed a bit further along the corridor. It is not the best hotel in the world but its far from the worst I've stayed in.

Room Tip: There are old baths in the yard as reported, so I guess the refurbed rooms would be slightly better...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed 1 night on a business trip. Expected better for the price - payed £65 for b & b. Room very dated and draughty. Bathroom clean although shower very weak. Hard bed and a thin duvet - did find a blanket in the cupboard which helped. the bar served steak and chips for about a tenner. best points were the receptionist, who was very nice and the breakfast which was tasty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almondsbury
Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol
#3 of 5 in Almondsbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol North
Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway (M5, J17) Hotel
Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel

Been to Almondsbury Interchange Hotel? Share your experiences!