All reviews afternoon tea wedding anniversary lovely hotel food was amazing sunday lunch special occasion my mum from start to finish staff were attentive cooked breakfast attention to detail executive room wedding reception evening meal high standard member of staff open fire
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Great old fashioned hotel, but with modern rooms and everything you could want - including dressing gowns! Not ridiculously priced - considering The Premier Inn in Sittingbourne is only about £40 cheaper. It's everything you would want from a luxury hotel - but not at a luxury hotel price.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2018

I have just returned from a 2 day stay here while attending a wedding nearby and the hotel was superb! A stunning setting, lovely hotel, fantastic spa and gym area ... the breakfast was superb in the mornings with a fantastic choice of options.

I would highly recommend this hotel to stay in ... very comfortable rooms / beds and really good facilities. Fantastic staff really help make you stay even that bit better :)

I would have no hesitation in booking to stay at the hotel again should I be in this neck of the woods.

Room Tip: Room 27 was a decent twin room, very close to the spa and gym.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

This place was stunning, so sad we only stayed for 1 night! Staff were lovely and helpful and our room was magical, very clean too!!
Me and my husband got engaged here so it has lovely memories for us and will be back on our anniversary.
Shame we live quite far away otherwise I'd be there every other week!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a friend's wedding. To cut a long story short, I had some blood from a nose bleed on the sheets after my first night so I left the covers stripped back and an apology note for the housekeeping staff.

When I returned from the wedding in the early hours I was horrified to find the bed had been made but the soiled sheets NOT changed. Given the early hours I presumed there would be no one available to change the sheets and If I'm honest, I was probably embarrassed to tell receptionist face to face so I slept on a towel instead.

On checkout the next day I mentioned that it was a poor standard of hygiene from the housekeeping staff and I was not comfortable being expected to pay the full £150 rate for the second night given the circumstances. I was told I had to pay but I could contact the hotel manager if I was unhappy and they should offer a refund.

I did so and had to wait a whole WEEK for Mandy Holdstock to bother getting in contact (and only after I chased for her to contact me again after a few days with no e mail). When she did finally e mail I have never known a manager quite like her! She was rude, insincere in her apology and actually accused me of LYING about the stain. She basically said her housekeeping staff had 'high standards' and that there was no stain the day before! This is inconsistent with other reviews on here of poor hygiene at the hotel but Mandy seems to be under the illusion that her hotel has the highest standards.

I am a very honest, normal woman and have never complained staying in a hotel before. I have only written positive reviews on Trip Advisor supporting the many independent businesses doing great things but I had to go public and warn other guests before they choose to stay here.

I have attached pictures of the manager's tone whilst dealing with my complaint via e mail because I am sure she will, as she has with other guests, attack my character and ask guests to ignore. I just thought other guests who have high standards for £150 a night may be interested to know what Hempstead House's High Standards look like...

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lobies
hempsteadhouse, Owner at Hempstead House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

I will leave potential guests to draw their own conclusions from this posting. The lady requested the General Managers email on checkout. We heard nothing more until we received another call a week later and I emailed to ask ascertain the problem. Her response was to demand a full refund for poor standards of housekeeping and hygiene as she claimed her sheets had not been changed following a nose bleed on the first night. My housekeepers found a large patch of blood half way down the bed on the bottom sheet on the day of checkout. There was nothing on the first morning and there was no note or request for the sheets to be changed.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We loved our room at the Hempstead House. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was big enough for a king bed and two single beds for each of our children.

The staff were really excellent as well. On our first morning there we had a little problem with the shower control and when I called the front desk there was a maintenance man at our door within 5 minutes and he had the problem fixed in under 30 minutes. Then we left my husband's suit in the closet when we left the hotel and when we got back to the US we got an email from the hotel with all the options for them to ship it back to us and they packed it up right away.

Excellent service and dinner at the Lakes restaurant was fabulous!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family