“Noisy hotel with uncomfortable beds and poor food”
Review of Hadlow Manor Hotel

Hadlow Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hadlow
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend. Was unable to eat in the bar as there was a function on, so ate in the bar. Bar had no atmosphere and a very small selection of drinks and limited food menu. The starter of terrine looked and tasted like it had been brought in, the steak wasn't cooked right and came with over chips, the desert of a chocolate mouse tasted brought in. Food was very expensive for the quality.
Was upgraded to a superior room. Although this has been recently decorated it still seemed very outdated with not even a phone. Water pressure was terrible so shower was a drizzle. Bed and pillows were VERY hard and not comfortable. The function was about 20 metres from the bedroom meaning loud music, shouting and drunk people running around until 1:30 PM. When it finally ended, staff were clearing up for another hour whilst talking very loud and slamming doors. Worst nights sleep in a hotel EVER.
Breakfast was the only part of the stay that was ok. Full English cooked to order, however I don't this the chef has poached an egg before as it arrived very undercooked. The selection was again limited.
Staff were again 'ok'. Nobody stood out.

I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank olliebee123
Giles T, General Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

I have had a look into your issues that you have stated and seem quite puzzled regarding them. From looking through our system, your booking refers to a complimentary stay that was won at event so I am unsure where the issue from pricing has come from.
The functions that were taking place had been passed onto you before hand by one of the management team.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

While seeing family for New Year’s Eve I booked three rooms 108-107-302 the rooms where clean and tidy. The hotel was a very large old house with extension. It is laid out a little mixed up as it’s grown over the years but is well decorated. Bedrooms have coffee and tea in rooms with TV, etc. No fridge. Room 302 is a good size superior room with large en suite bathroom with very nice shower and bath set up. Only small complaint was the heating is on timer and the room took a long time to warm up once the heating came on. Together with the curtains covering the radiators did not help the warming of the room. 107 - 108 are twin rooms with en suite bathrooms basic and adequate. Staffs were very helpful, parking plentiful, it is in the middle of now where so car is a must. Hadlow is a nice village (1.5 miles) with hair dressers, great Portuguese restaurant, couple of local stores and news agency; several pubs and a fish and chip take away. Had a look around good for a medium size business conference and weddings.

Room Tip: 302 worth asking for, nice room and large bathroom.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Giles T, Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Many thanks for your kind words and we look forward to your return visit in 2013! Happy New Year

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a Saturday night stay following an event hosted at the hotel. The room was spacious, lovely and quiet (ask for one at the back), the bathroom could do with a little updating but was clean and perfectly acceptable. My only criticism is that the hotel ran out of Earl Grey Tea at breakfast - I did think that was rather poor. The Saturday night party in one of their function rooms was very well catered with great service from efficient and friendly staff.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back of the hotel (the newer addition rather than the original building) these...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Giles T, Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Many thanks for passing on some feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. I am glad your enjoy your food and the fantastic service that we endeavour to offer at all of our events.

Apologies about the tea, I am sure we can ensure this doesn't happen on your next visit to our hotel

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We got married here on 14th October 2012 and I must say, we had the most amazing day.

The venue was absolutely perfect, the ceremony room and reception room were dressed by the staff and both looked amazing, the staff were so helpful and everything went smoothly on the day. The grounds were gorgeous and well kept and looked gorgeous in our photos. My only negative is that there were lots of fallen leaves on the day, it would have been nice if these had been swept away as I had a long train and they kept getting caught under my dress!

The food was gorgeous and hot, and everbody was raving about the dessert! The staff were very attentive during the meal and served it quickly, seeing as we had 80 guests to be fed!

The room was quickly prepared for the evening to start and the evening buffet was so tasty, just a shame I didn't get to eat more of it! My only negative point would be that when the buffet was initially bought out and placed at the back of the room, there was no lights near it so guests either didn't know it was there, or could not see what they were eating! I did notice later in the night somebody had put some lights along the table so this problem was resolved.

The bridal suite was simply beautiful - a huge room, decorated in a modern but classic way, the bed was extremely comfortable and it was perfectly clean. The bathroom was modern and clean.

The other guests also told me that they had lovely big rooms, although I didn't go into any other than the suite.

Breakfast the next day was included in the cost of the rooms, which were very reasonable, and it was lovely. Served as a help-yourself cooked buffet (my favourite kind!) and constantly being replenished to suit everybodies needs.

I would 100% recommend this as a wedding venue, we could not have chosen a better venue. Una was great during the wedding planning and always there to answer my many, many emails! And the staff on the day were excellent, all in all we had the most perfect day and would like to thank the venue for what they did for us.

We hope to return for the weekend next year to celebrate our first wedding anniversary!

Thank you again!

Room Tip: The bridal suite with the 4 poster bed is excellent, would definitely recommend a stay in this room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Natalie C

Many thanks Natalie for taking the time to leave some feedback on the hotel. We are delighted you had such a special day and glad Hadlow Manor Hotel was the right venue for you.

Thank you for also passing on some feedback regarding some issues, these will be dealt with going forward.

We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel next October!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had the good fortune to stopover on business last week.
Booked via Late Rooms and this came out at the cheapest price (with availability) -much cheaper than even Premier Inn.Checked on Trip Advisor and the reviews were good so booked up.
From arrival to departure the experience was better than I was expecting.
Spacious rooms, Sky Sports on the bedroom Tv (a real bonus!), relaxing bar and bar meal, quiet for a great nights sleep and a splendid full english next morning that set me up for the day.
The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and the buildings and accomodation very very clean and tidy.
I shall certainly be staying again.

2  Thank Larson200
Giles T, Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Many thanks for your feedback on the hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel has been given a face lift since I last stayed there and the service remains as good as always. Super large rooms with large bathrooms and lovely grounds. The rooms are well equipped with everything one would need. Only a slight criticism as far as the lighting is concerned. The general lighting is good and they do now provide a small lamp on the dressing table. However, it doesn't shed much light so you have to use the bathroom which has a better light on the side. However, there is no magnifying option nor is the light balanced.TV and choice of channels were good. They seem to take the "green" option very seriously as everything is switched off in the room - mostly no problem until it came to the radiator and there are no instructions in their welcome pack. I found the bed comfortable and the hotel, in general, is not noisy. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I would suggest the ground floor rooms as they have easy access to the hotel from a better car park...
1  Thank htur61
Giles T, Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to pass some feedback on.
Your kind comments are appreciated and thank you for the feedback on lighting and the welcoming pack, we will look it improving this.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here on my own mid-week as I had an early meeting to attend the next day and was very impressed with the exceptional service. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. My bedroom was very spacious and well equipped with a lovely view over the countryside. The flickering tea lights in the bar gave a warm, inviting atmosphere and I felt perfectly at ease sitting alone in there with a glass of wine and the newspaper. The bar menu has an excellent selection of home-cooked food and I chose the lasagne which I very much enjoyed. A well presented breakfast was served in a fabulous room looking out onto the garden. I chose the continental option and had freshly prepared fruit and warm pastries, but the full English looked very tempting. I will definitely be returning with my husband for a weekend break!

1  Thank JMcC83F
Giles T, Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Thanks for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel shortly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadlow
Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge
8 mi away
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
#4 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Hadlow Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!