“Pubs the way they should be!”
Review of The Two Brewers

The Two Brewers
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Hadlow
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've been here a few times and every time has always been a delight. From the vibrant atmosphere to the great quality food and hospitable welcome from the landlord, this is a great place to be. The wine is a good quality for the price, the food is delicious and competitively priced. If you are in the area, definitely drop in!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Lovely food, reasonably priced, service excellent. Extremely friendly pub. Would recommend to anyone in this area. Went back following day for a function and it was still excellent.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Great, faultless service
Brilliant 5* food
Atmosphere a little bold immediately but soon becomes enjoyable and comfortable
Defenitely my faviroute restraunt
In all England

1  Thank Weezy9
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Dined at the Two Brewers this evening on a Groupon Deal. On entering the pub we were given a friendly welcome and ordered our drinks from a very pleasant lady, the Italian Pinot was very nice and my husbands pint was good also. We chose the prawn starter which was served freshly cooked on a bed of salad leaves with a spicy sauce, we both enjoyed this and had high hopes for our main course. We were to be very disappointed, I ordered the slow roasted pork belly and my husband ordered the steak. The pork belly arrived and looked good until you tried to cut it either through the crackling or from the underneath it was so tough you could have probably soled your shoes with it! there was no way this was slow roasted, it was as if it had just been put into a very hot oven as soon as the waitress had taken my order, it was totally inedible. The waitress asked if everything was ok and I explained the pork was very tough, she asked would I like to use a steak knife!! I refused and just ate the vegetables which were ok, but I would mention the gravy was no jus it was made up gravy granules! My husbands steak was a good size and was edible but I am suspicious that it is 21 days matured, the chips were cheap frozen ones and the peas were like bullets. I purchased the groupon voucher to try this pub/restaurant as its only about half an hour from where I live, I did not pay a lot of money for it, but it reinforces my view that you get what you pay for. Had I paid £5,95 each for the starter and £13.50 for the steak and £10 approx for the pork this would have amounted to robbery, no way were these meals worth that. Outside the board states award winning chef I don't think so!. This is really a pub, and it should stick to its strength of being a friendly boozer a gourmet restaurant or a good pub restaurant it is not.

5  Thank Pauline H
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went to the Two Brewers tonight the food was fantastic, the staff was very pleasent, it was though a Groupon Voucher, would definately recommended to any one that wants to try it, would go back,