“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Harrow - CLOSED

The Harrow
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Large Country pub serving British style gastro pub food with classics and specials.Large garden and safe play children area. Large car park which can hold 40 cars. We have a large conservatory which can seat 40 people and can be used as a private dinning room
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Was very disappointed following a recent trip to The Harrow.

Went in for a quick lunch, the service was poor and slow and the food wasn't much better. I doubt I'll be going back unless there is a big improvement.

• Visited August 2013

“Good food shame to let the little things get in the way .”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We came here to eat on Sunday just gone . The roast was good . But the way the staff are spoken to is terrible. We over heard what must be the manger shout at a meber of the staff when he is working hard and running around . For not working hard enough . It brought the mood down and the staff were miserable after but over all ok

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went on the Thursday night which is their fish night but there were other alternatives available. The fish was amazing! Lots of choice and one of the best fish meals I have ever had. Really great taste, well presented and excellent value for money. The desserts were out of this world. Good service and a very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. I will go back!

4 Thank frills2013
West Malling, United Kingdom
“Poor food, poor service what a disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We visited yesterday lunch time for a family celebration, choosing the Harrow as a good location as some family live in Kings Hill and some in Tonbridge. However it will not be a place that we will be returning to. Most of the food that we ordered was over cooked with the batter on 3 portions of fish badly burnt and some fish cakes almost black and inedible. When we mentioned this we were told that it was because the batter was made from Spitfire beer, but we have had that in other pubs and it was not burnt. Another dish of asparagus with a soft boiled egg, had an egg yolk that could be sliced - hard boiled. My family were being polite in trying to eat the food without complaining too much as it was my treat to them, but I was very disappointed that my comments afterwards were brushed aside saying that the chef was 'a very good chef'. We eat out a lot locally and this was definitely the worst experience we have had in a long time. It is a shame that no attempt was made to assure us that this was an 'off day' so if this was typical of the cooking, and disinterest in our feedback, we will take our business elsewhere. On a positive point, the waiter was very polite and helpful, and we sensed his embarrasment at the poor attitude.

2 Thank VivienLeighParsons
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“An utter shambles!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I really don't like to put down a new restaurant but this really was such a shame.

Having gone to the Harrow for lunch, all three of us ordered the moules mariniere and an order of there pita bread, humus, etc (we phrased as a mezze). We were then informed that the trainee chef was on today and did not feel comfortable cooking, what to me, seems like an especially easy dish. We proceeded to order some sandwiches instead.

After waiting another 30-45 minutes, the waiter proceeded to bring out a rather ropey looking bruschetta, that obviously given to us instead of the mezze we ordered. At this point faith in the restaurant was gone and we decided to leave hungry.

Being that my family live just over the road from the pub we had high hopes for the owners, however the meal was a shambles and I can't see us going back :(

1 Thank Ben P