“Lovely food, child & dog friendly”
Review of The Harrow - CLOSED

The Harrow
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Large Country pub serving British style gastro pub food with classics and specials.Large garden and safe play children area. Large car park which can hold 40 cars. We have a large conservatory which can seat 40 people and can be used as a private dinning room
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stopped off for a spot of dinner one Sunday. Found the pub to be very well decorated and staff very friendly. Food was lovely. A really good beef roast and the best gravy we have ever had! Starters fab along with the kids meal. We felt welcomed along with our son and dog. We will definitely be back again. The land lady was lovey and made us feel very welcomed.

1  Thank Jordan1981London

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The service and food were excellent when we had Sunday lunch at the Harrow. There were several families in the restaurant at the same time as us and I was amazed at the capability of the staff serving all the tables in a timely manner and entertaining the children at the same time. The play area outside and large garden are beautiful and a huge benefit on a summers day. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming , they knew when to approach and were chatty and friendly in the right places. I would definately recommend the Harrow as a great place to visit.

I would question the other comments with what appear to be personal attacks on individual members of staff

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The prices since the big refurb some years ago have certainly shot up although the quality of the food has remained the same.
The ambiance is good with a nice garden area in the the Summer.
A great selection of wines with the whites being chilled to perfection.
No longer a regular haunt as it once was but will use it on visits to Hadlow on occasion.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The staff were friendly.. And the decor is nice... It's really well done. But the Ladie behind the bar I think she run the place was dressed to go to the gym and looked really scruffy and not dressed to be serving people when she served us I asked for a J20.. She said she had them... When I received the drinks it wasn't a j20.. Just a cheaper hartridges juice.. Also the coke was flat.... We ordered some food... We asked for a steak sandwich which came with pomme frites..and a jacket potato with cheese and beans... When we received the food the jacket potato didn't have any cheese and the steak sandwiche lacked steak..and was just in normal everyday sliced bread toasted... Infact it had one mouthful of steak in it so we sent it back...it was £10.50... But worth £6.50 We received the food back 5minutes later where there was more steak.. But still not worth the price.. They had dipped the frites back into the fryer which made them horrid (McDonald's do better chips)

While my friend was still eating as she had to wait for her sandwiche the member of staff had screwed up some of the bills! And dealt with it very unprofessionally! We was going to have a pudding but decided not to after all the fuss we had..

+point she did take one of the H juices off the bill to say sorry... A measly £2.20!

When we were in the carpark the man who has his bill messed up goes there quite regularly.. And he was saying what a disaster he had.... And had to wait 20mins for a pudding ( glad we didn't have one!)

I'm afraid I won't be going back!

2  Thank Turtle B
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We are regulars here, we visit with the Porsche Club on the 1st Friday of the month & my wife & I have visited regularly for meals on both birthdays & also general meals out.
A typical club night gets an attendance of around 15 people & we're now getting 7-8 of these eating which is more than we've had at previous venues. I believe this is because of the great food, we personally love the burgers & the pork belly with a JD sauce which is lovely. I've also had fantastic fish here such as the haddock.
Quite surprised by some of the comments here as we've always been made very welcome in the 4-5 months or so we've been using it. I'd highly recommend it.