“Finally Tried The Ringstone Inn”

The Ringlestone Inn
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We have been consistently listed in Good Food guides and continue to offer our own unique style of good honest pub food as well as a selection of freshly cooked dishes to cater for most tastes. We offer a superb lunchtime menu & Sunday lunch as well as extensive evening menus with a selection of daily specials and waitress service. Whenever possible, Kevin, the Landlord, prepares all of our dishes from fresh local Kentish produce.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have often passed the signs for the pub on the A20 and tonight decided to go eat at there......great decision.....I had not read the reviews but now I have I feel that I must comment....if you are expecting a chain restaurant meal with chain restaurant prices then The Ringlestone Inn is not for you....you will get a fresh traditional menu that is priced reflecting the quality of the food...We shared a starter the tiger prawns which did not disappoint and then my hubby had the slow cooked pork belly and I had the vegi wellington....both were excellent as was the service...attentive but not pushy....I would highly recommend the wide range of fruit wines....especially the cherry...will certainly eat there again....£60 for two with drinks doubles for the pre dinner drinks felt right and yes there is a 10% service charge which we did not object to as we would have happily left anyway....
price and service were good

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My partner and I went to the Ringlestone Inn last night after it had been recommended to me by a friend, we had no expectations other than it was a good pub and we thought we would try somewhere different. The service was excellent, pate and chutney delicious, I had the steak and ale pie and although the puff pastry didn't seem to want to puff the filling was gorgeous, my partner had the beef wellington which he said was the best he had ever tasted.
I cheekily asked if I could take some of the chutney home and was provided with a nice big bowl of it!

There was a service charge added to the bill however we would have probably tipped that amount any way - did find the cost of a glass of wine a bit pricey - but hey I wasn't paying :)

Would definately recommend this pub!!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been to the Ringlestone Inn 3 times now; twice to eat and once just for a drink in their quaint, tiered gardens overlooking spectacular countryside.

Unfortunately, after driving for over an hour from Essex for the drink, we got there to discover they had closed the garden! Quite unsure why. This was naturally disappointing but we had a drink inside and the ancient building and log fire delivered an equally impressive ambience.

The food in the restaurant, in my experience, is simply superb. No, it's not 'all you can eat for a tenner' and it's not what i would brand as 'cheap'; but you get what you pay for. Very well presented, tasty, cooked well and enjoyable. The service too is friendly, not rushed but not slow and accompanies the meal perfectly.

The only thing that let it down for me is the addition of a service charge to the final bill. I find this outdated and unexpected in a quaint old English pub. I always tip if the service is good (which it was on both 'eating' occasions) and feel that particular 'choice' of whether or not to tip and how much, should be decided upon by the consumer as opposed to 'billed' and thereby 'expected' by the owner.

Nonetheless the food, the service and the location are all, in my opinion, 5-star.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I took my partner here for his birthday; we are both into historic buildings and this being a beautiful historic pub I decided to take a trip there!! We walked in to a beautiful warm fire lite atmosphere and the landlady was very welcoming!! We went at 12.30 for lunch and it was quite and relaxed!! I had the steak and my partner he has the steak and ale pie! The food was amazing and the quality of the meat was outstanding!!! It's very rare to find good quality meat and home made pies and this we had! We were very impressed with the food and service and have decided we will be returning to try more of the food!! We sat by the fire enjoyed the building it's self and had a relaxed lunch next to the roaring fire!! Love this place and will be sure to return in many more occasions! I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED to see bad reviews and cannot understand why!! Over priced?? You pay for quality and we most certainly had quality!! The landlady ought to be very proud of her beautiful pub and amazing food!!! The local area was lovely also! Of I didn't have to collect my daughther from school I would have say there all day! Amazing!!!!! Please try out!!!!! Highly recommended!!! :-)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Living locally, we had not been to this pub before, despite hearing good things from friends. We took advantage of a Groupon deal for the 2 Rib Eye Steak meals, however our voucher had expired but they extended it for us.

On arrival, we found a beautiful old English country pub with a welcoming fire burning, highlighting the stunning carved interior wood. We had a lovely welcome and sat opposite the wood burner.

Despite the voucher being for rib eye steak, they allowed us to take advantage of the lovely choice of pies on offer, such as lamb and apricot. Our food was outstanding, hot, tasty and served in a timely manner. The menu also had lots of other choices.

Our choice of food was served with vegetables cooked to perfection. All the tables had a lit candle, which just added to the atmosphere.

The desert menu has a wide range of traditional English deserts, including some lesser seen options such as the Olde English Fruit Pudding. Our deserts were cooked to perfection and very enjoyable.

We ended our visit with some delicious coffee and will have no hesitation in returning in the future to make the most of our loyalty voucher, which came with the bill.

The service we experienced was excellent and if you're looking for a quintessential old English pub, then this can't be beaten.

1  Thank Darren D
christina872, Owner at The Ringlestone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

hello thank you for taking the time for doing a lovely review i am glad that you loved the pies and everything about the pub even down to the lovely fire which does add to the ambience of the restaurant.i hope that we will see you and that you will use your loyalty voucher as well which is a great saving as well.im glad that you came in and made up your own mind about us because of the mixed reviews on here which are not always fair and correct bye for now ....christina