“Disappointing!”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We have been consistently listed in Good Food guides and continue to offer our own unique style of good honest pub food as well as a selection of freshly cooked dishes to cater for most tastes. We offer a superb lunchtime menu & Sunday lunch as well as extensive evening menus with a selection of daily specials and waitress service. Whenever possible, Kevin, the Landlord, prepares all of our dishes from fresh local Kentish produce.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having been to the Ringlestone several years ago we looked forward to returning to celebrate my birthday. What a disappointment. Food was mediocre pub fayre, very overpriced and staff uncaring! Atmosphere - non existent! My wife asked for a bottle of sparkling water and got a glass of fizzy water - was it bottled or draught? Then they added insult to injury by adding a service charge of £9. Service staff were scruffy. No bread rolls offered with the starter either. Sorry won't be back!

3  Thank happytourist101

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have never been to the ringlets tone inn before but I was meeting a friend who suggested it as somewhere different having been recommended it by another work colleague. It is in the middle of nowhere but a beautiful setting with lovely gardens. I arrived before my friend and bought myself a drink and then went and sat in the garden. Customers should be aware that there is no Internet or mobile phone connection but that wasnt the end of the world - I hadn't gone there to sit on my phone! Unfortunately my friend was a little late and was unable to call or text me but the sun was shining and I was quite happy enjoying the peace and quiet. I ate the chilli con carne which was quite a hefty portion with rice and garlic bread and had a bit if a kick to it but I thoroughly enjoyed it although couldn't quite finish it all. My friend had the teak and ale pie and herby diced potatoes and thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately we didnt have room for desert. The staff were friendly and helpful and I would definitely return again. Thank you,

christina872, Manager at The Ringlestone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

hello thank you so much for your lovely review it does mean a lot to us that you have taken the time to write this for us and for all newcomers that may want to come to us

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped in for a lunch last Saturday. We were recommended the pub by a local, and I have to say I'm pleased I hadn't read the TripAdvisor postings beforehand, as it would have unfairly prejudiced my expectations. The atmosphere is quintessential English country pub, with wooded beams and fireplace glowing even in summer. We found the place cosy, and the food good value, even without a Groupon coupon! The only "complaint" I'd have is that they were out of beef and lamb pies. So, we'll have to pay another visit! Can't wait. :)

christina872, Manager at The Ringlestone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

hello thank you so much for taking the tme to make a lovely review.iam sorry that we ran out of both pies but we had a coach of american people that ordered mainly the pies and as we make fresh batches we just ran out.we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely evening meal at The Ringlestone Pub with 2 of our children (youngest being 17).
We had a Groupon voucher for the steak meal and the food was just delicious. We added a starter each and they were lovely, accompanied by wonderful home-made chutney and sauces.
The steaks were cooked to perfection! So tender and melt in the mouth and the portion size was just perfect for all of us and beautifully presented.
The service was warm and friendly. Attentive without being intrusive and plenty of funny banter was had between us and the staff.
After our meal we went out into the garden. Although it was quite dark by this time the lights enabled us to see that it was beautiful and well cared for and extensive with plenty of seating available in different areas. There is a wonderful children's play area at the top of the garden with lots of play equipment and a charming pink fairy castle!
We will definitely be coming back and bringing the grandchildren with us to enjoy this friendly country pub with its excellent food, friendly staff and beautiful surroundings.

christina872, Manager at The Ringlestone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments.
I am so glad that you enjoyed you meal with us ( must be my special ringlestone seasoning rub) We try to give good value for money and give all our customers a good experience.
We look forward to seeing you again soon using you discount loyalty voucher. I understand that the youngsters enjoyed playing on the swings and the princess castle, even though they are about 17 lol. Once again thank you for your comments

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very characterisctic pub, nice atmosphere, friendly staff, parking available, food nice, child friendly but no play park, nice and cosy.

christina872, Owner at The Ringlestone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

hi
thank you for your review but i am a little puzzled by your statement that we have no childrens play area. we have a huge garden with wendy houses climbing frames slides and swings so im a little confused. maybe you need to come back and explore a little more. many thanks. christina