“Nice typical country pub”

The Tickled Trout Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Wye
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For more than 400 years, an Inn or Tavern has stood on the banks of the river Stour where the Tickled Trout now stands. The Tickled Trout is typical of the distinctive Kentish architecture of the period and greets the visitor with a welcoming and unique 'olde world' charm. We strive to maintain this charm of oak beamed bars and open fires for our customers. Our well maintained gardens alondside the river Stour, provide the ideal setting for 'Al fresco' drinks and dining, with a superb choice from selective menus for which we are renowned.
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Great location next to the river with trees and fields around. Food is good and service is fine. It is the most traditional pub in the village with a nice rustic atmosphere.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We hadn't planned to dine here, but we are really glad we did, on arrival we were warmly greeted by the barmaid who was very friendly.
We ordered drinks first, and given time to choose from a good stocked menu, we were not rushed, but given lots of imformation on the food available.
My wife ordered Fillet Salmon, which she said "It was the best cooked Salmon she had eaten in years" my Cottage Pie too was excellent.
The Manager/Chef was very helpful and gave us lots of imformation on his cooking techniques, and I am sure his dosen't use a microwave in his kitchen.
The serving staff were speedy and efficient, just the way a good pub should be run.
Our biggest thanks go to Sharon at the bar who made our first dining experience at The Tickled Trout a memorable one, and she is without doubt a credit to the pub.
Well done everyone at The Tickled Trout We will be back soon

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lovely location next to the river stour in Wye. There's a good selection of real ales (other two pubs in the village are Shepherds Neame pubs so more limited). I have eaten here on a couple of occasions, the first time I had fish & chips and it was great. The next time I had steak and it was tough and not enjoyable - the rest of the party did not enjoy their food either on this occasion. In summary I would recommend visiting for drinks (especially on a sunny day) but would perhaps go somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

It's nice to sit out in the garden by the river when it's sunny, but the rest of the time I don't like to come here. I find the owners/staff a bit rude and they don't let you run a tab but I suppose that reflects the sort of clinetele they normally get.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I regularly have a quick lunch during the week here. They serve a good range of traditional pub food with the chilli and home cooked pies being my particular favorite. In the summer we usually sit at the waters edge and watch the trout.