“Would love to stay again!”

The Kings Head Country Hotel
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We enjoyed a 2 night stay in January 2014 in honour of my husband's birthday and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food was excellent; the staff lovely and we were both very impressed by their gin and whisky collection in the bar!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
The Kings H, Owner at The Kings Head Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear lachbc

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of your experience at The Kings Head Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 2 night break with us, in particular that you enjoyed the food and found the staff to be lovely.

Feedback of any kind, especially positive, helps both myself and the rest of the staff in improving what we do and gives us motivation to keep up the hard work.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Kings Head Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary weekend away and have had a fantastic time. The room was lovely, food cooked to perfection and staff all very friendly. We will come back and will most definitely recommend to our friends and family.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jo Smith

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much with us, in particular that you found the room to be lovely and the food cooked to perfection. I am also please you found the staff to be friendly, something which I believe to be of huge importance.

Feedback is essential in helping us to improve and a positive review like this helps motivate us to keep up the hard work.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've known the King's Head for years and it simply gets better. After extensive renovation it' a great hotel in an attractive village, offering a comfortable and well stocked bar and very good restaurant. All of this combined with excellent service makes it well worth a visit and it is a great base to explore north and west Norfolk.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Dorothy S

Dear Dorothy

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us, in particular that you found the restaurant and the service to be excellent.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Kings Head Hotel in January 2014 and, being part of a 12 people group, also enjoyed a party here on the first night.

The hotel is very cosy, the staff is lovely and trying really hard to please everybody and we also met the owner and his parents who are equally lovely people.

Rooms, food and service were impecable! We all felt very well looked after even during busy times like Friday evening. Everyone had a really lovely time and we will undoubtedly return!

Many thanks to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nick T

Dear Nick

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much with us, in particular that you found the hotel so cosy and that you found the staff to be so lovely and everything to be up to your standard.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We spent two nights at the Kings Head Hotel whilst visiting family in the area. To find the hotel we had to drive down lovely quiet country roads to find the hotel in Great Bircham. We arrived at the hotel in darkness (6pm) and we were greeted by a beautiful shining white country house that immediately brought a smile to our faces.

The bar and lounge (with fire) downstairs was a welcome space for us at the end of a busy day of sightseeing. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. We especially enjoyed the dinner menu that showcased the local produce. The kids menu and activity sheet were well received by our young daughter. On our last morning at the hotel we indulged in the breakfast in bed option - what a feast! Such a lovely way to start the day.

We would (and have) definitely recommend the Kings Head Hotel as a wonderful country getaway. It was very peaceful, the hotel decor was beautifully styled and the staff were friendly and obliging. We will definitely be back.

Oh and Norfolk - what a beautiful part of the country you are. We loved exploring the coast, castle ruins and great estates.

Room Tip: Our room upstairs was very spacious with beautiful Edwardian-inspired decor (room 1). It contained a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MeeganJG

Dear MeeganJG

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much with us, in particular that you enjoyed your meals with us and you found the bar and lounge so welcoming with the fire.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I have been regular visitors to this hotel for a number of years (even before Hollie and Charlie took over!) and have always been absolutely satisfied with the accomodation/food and service, hence returning so many times.
Following a very hectic Christmas at home, we decided to visit for one night on Saturday 28th Dec. We only booked it the day before and were somewhat suprised but delighted to get a room at all. We had a lovely one night stay which helped us to have a bit of 'us' time before returning to work on Monday. We were in room 2. The last time we visited in September time we had a different room along the corridor (looking out to the car park entrance side). I noticed then and even more so this time that the rooms, staircase and landing were in need of some TLC. The walls are getting very scuffed and wallpaper peeling off around the entrance area to room 2.
Inside the room the decor also needs to work, including the fact that a cupboard under the television was now empty and filthy with wires and plugs on display which quite frankly didn't look that safe! I think there used to be a fridge there and this has been removed. Thats fine - I'm not bothered about a fridge but the space should have been cleaned and tidied or locked.
The bath has a large chip in it which clearly someone has tried to fill recently - and all the debris filler was still in the bath which I had to take out before I used it. When I used the bath the rest of the filler came out anyway. The grouting in the tiles near the shower head and behind the shower screen is very discloloured and looks awful. Having said all of that the room was clean, warm and comfortable although why the lightbulbs in the bedside lamps have been replaced with red ones I do not know - couldn't see to read by them at all and I do not have poor sight!
We ate in on saturday and the menu was varied and the food was good as was the breakfast the following day.
When we checked out I did point out very discreetly to the new manager, my observations re the rooms needing a refurb and he did acknowledge this and said that he was working his way around the hotel refurbing as and when he could. He was rather dismissive of the comments but the public areas all seemed fine and up to standard so I must assume that this is true.
My advice is get the rooms done asap even if this means refusing bookings to do so- we have been many times and know that it can be better than it was this time, but if it had been our first time, I 'm not so sure I would rush back. The room rate is not inexpensive so standards must be maintained. There's plenty of competition in the area so buck up and I hope to see an improvement next time we visit!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Helen L
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I wish to say, having read the previous review, that our experience of our stay at the Kings Head in Novemebr was nothing but brilliant. Food, service and rooms all excellent. There were four in our group, and we all agree that we will return in the new year.
Kate & Rick Clements
Suffolk

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathryn C
The Kings H, Public Relations Manager at The Kings Head Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, we are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Kings Head. If you do happen to pop back, please get in contact with us and we will be happy to arrange a stay.

Kind Regards, Riley

#1 of 15 in King's Lynn
The Dukes Head Hotel
The Dukes Head Hotel
#7 of 15 in King's Lynn

Been to The Kings Head Country Hotel? Share your experiences!