“Very welcoming”

Old Coach House Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 North Kyme B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2013

On arrival we were made most welcome by Martyn and Barbara, their daughter and Brian the Jack Russell. We had taken Martyn's advice and put our Jack Russell in the local kennel that they use themselves which was perfect for our two night stay in the area.
Comfortable spacious room with ensuite, all beautifully clean and evening meal in the bistro which was just what we needed, with their company and a drink on the house later, very enjoyable. Yummy breakfast the following morning, simple menu but more than I could manage and well cooked and presented. Far superior than the breakfast the following day at nearby Petwood Hall which was the worst breakfast by far I have ever had!
Don't hesitate to stay with Martyn and Barbara, you'll have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Many thanks to them.

Room Tip: Our room was next to main road and noisy all night but they do have rooms away from road so just ask...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlisonH172

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel comprises of a rustic-style restaurant section next to a pub with the bedrooms in a separate annex over the road. The gravel driveway could fit three or four properly-parked cars comfortably but to avoid getting boxed in by other guests there's another park around the back of the restaurant and the wide road allows for ample parking around the vicinity.

Check-in went smooth: I booked in quickly and easily (all details were ready and awaiting), was shown the room over the way and a food order was taken so meals were ready and awaiting. The bedroom looks new, very clean and tidy, quite modern - almost in stark contrast to the traditional rustic feel of the counterpart building - with light airy views out the back. With better weather I may have sat outside to relax. Each day of my stay, I returned back to find the bedroom cleaned and tidied.

The restaurant itself is a bit dark, done up rather like a tourist office with a cafe. Meals were okay - I didn't expect banquet fayre - but it had the feel of oven-prepared stuff. That plus a bottled beer or two sufficed for me quite amicably; I adjourned to the nearby pub to continue drinking.

Free Wifi in both the bedroom, restaurant (and nearby pub) worked pretty seamlessly and perfectly no matter where I roamed (the credentials for the bedroom are up on a board upon entry).

The owner and other staff were pleasant and engaging, making my stay welcoming and relaxed. For the £50-odd per night I thought it represented excellent value for money: I've stayed in hotel chains with rooms just as good for twice that price.

I'd easily return there. In fact, I think I have a future date due there soon.

Room Tip: Back rooms are light and airy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PreacherKane
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This accomodation was as close as we could get to small village where we were doing some family research. The room was up an external set of stairs. It was not large but spotlessly clean and did have an ensuite. Martin was very kind and helpful. Even a late night phone call was kindly conveyed. The dinner menu was not large but perfectly adequate My husband had the lamb suet pudding which he is still talking about. I had the roast chicken, which was very nice. Breakfast was good.We did leave with the room keys but rang Martin and posted back. Very reasonable tariff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank margtierney
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at the Old Coach House for 3 night in April 2013.
Stayed this time in the annex bungalow. Had a lovely & comfortable twin beded room overlooking the garden.
All facilities where spot less & we had the usual warm welcome from Martin & Babara.
Lots of places to visit in the locality.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shinglerp
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed one night, well welcomed by Martyn who showed us to our room . A shade small but absolutly spotless with en-suite equally spotless. The food was awesome and good portions. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel part of the family. I couldn't recommend this B&B highly enough.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pookie666
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at the Old Coach House. We were warmly welcomed by Martin & offered a cup of tea before showing us to our room(room 4) at the rear of the motel accessed via a steel staircase. All you need in the room for a warm & comfortable stay,hospitality tray, freeview TV, bedside clock radio & a hair dryer.Good off road parking with security lighting. Breakfast in a warm comfortable dining room. Excellent choice of menu & well presented by a friendly host. Some traffic noise can be heard from nearby main road, Very handy for lots of local attractions.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked the Old Coach House at very short notice (same day) as we decided to stay in the area prior to our visit to "Just Jane" Lancaster bomber nearby. We arrived late in the evening but received a very friendly welcome from Martin who showed us to our room in the annexe opposite.

The room was clean, had small but fully functional ensuite facilities with a powerful hot shower. A little traffic noise from the nearby road as the room only has single glazed windows but for £50 this was a bargain as it included breakfast for two which was very tasty.

If you are looking for personal service at chain motel prices, then try the Old Coach House Motel.

Room Tip: Away from the road if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SphereHopper

Been to Old Coach House Motel? Share your experiences!