“Wow!!!”

and 1 more site!
Advocate Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Market Rasen
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Booked into this hotel for one night. On arrival I was shown to a beautiful bedroom, with a stunning ensuite. The room was extremely clean, obviously recently decorated to a high standard and the furnishing were of a high quality. My husband and I ate in the restaurant and had a lovely 3 course meal. The food was excellent and justified the rossette held. Whilst portions are not huge, we both struggled to eat everything, so the perfectly cooked vegetables were returned barely touched, which felt like a crime, but I needed to save space for the wonderful range of desserts on offer!! I was not ready to retire after the meal so took advantage of the George pub opposite, before settling down for a very comfortable nights sleep. Breakfast was also good, although I was still full from the food the night before! The service was very good, with nothing too much trouble for the staff and we felt very welcome. A very personal service. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good value for money, but these rooms are so cheap it is worth paying for the larg...
There are newer reviews for Advocate Arms Hotel

Reviewed April 4, 2013

had a day off and called here ,very inexpensive ,had the best fresh fish and chips i can recall ,my wife had the special mushroom and lamb pie ,both cooked to perfection ,faultless better than some 5 star restaurants,told the young man at the counter to be told ,that the head chef day off ..well ......any time we are in that area we will eat there ..well done

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the first time we have tried a highly recommended restaurant and been very disappointed. We dined with friends and each had a different dish. Whilst all were tasty and well presented the quantities were ridiculous! My special was three types of fish which consisted of approximately one ounce of plaice, two ounces of salmon and one scallop (this was a main but would just about suffice as a starter!) We were told that if we wanted vegetables we had to inform our server when she brought the mains out (very strange) and she promptly returned with a bowl of unimaginative steamed veg.

Once we were in the restaurant the service was good, but we had to wait ten minutes to be seated at our table (left standing in a bar) even though we arrived on time for our reservation and our table was clearly ready. Two courses were £50 per couple and we left hungry!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DarrenLince, Owner at Advocate Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear "year2000",

Thank you for taking the time to post your review; it is the worst review that we have had since 2011 of any kind, so as owner I wanted to try and respond accordingly.

Your main frustration seems to be based around quantities and price, you specifically mention the Panache of fish, and whilst I do agree that this is quite a light dish as you would expect, the uncooked weight of the fish is around 6-7 oz in total; I obviously did not see your dish so I can't comment whether the food came out this size.

Where it sounds like we did let you down was the query over the veg, which should have been served with your main course, and I will ensure that this is resolved immediately.

When people do arrive, we normally give them 10 minutes to get a drink in the bar area, take their coats etc, so this is our standard practice, and has never raised a negative comment in the last 4 years! If you do return and wish to go straight through to your table, please ask and we will endeavour to do so.

In terms of the price, our Panache of fish is £15.95 as a mains, and our desserts are priced at £5.25 per person, for for two courses equates to around £20.00 per head. I feel that this is extremely competitive and very good value.

I can't help but feel that something else must have been wrong to give us such a poor review, and would appreciate it if you could e-mail me darren@advocatehomes.co.uk so that I can respond further.

Best wishes,

Darren Lince (Owner)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am not going to rant on about how amazing this place is, you need to go try it for yourself!
This place was nicer than others that I have paid three times the amount for.

What really impressed me was the extended service offered- one of the staff really went out of their way to do something to benefit our stay. Also a small detail which was lovely- guest guide contained events happening in and around the area at the time of our stay. Had we not other commitments we would have stayed another night to attend the next day event listed.

If I could wish for anything there it would be the option of fresh fruit breakfast, a cocktail list and botanicals on the balcony and of course the owner and staff many more happy customers coming their way!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with a balcony this friday, very quiet and private
1  Thank Leila0o
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just stayed overnight after a fantastic evening for a 40th party.
The service and attention we were given were second to none and we felt very welcome . The food was very good and there was a good selection of breakfast .
We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is not a Hotel but a Restauarnt with rooms but with 5 AA stars. It does not meet with this level of star rating. I booked a twin room but was given a double. They did sort it well by giving us 2 rooms for the price of 1.

The rooms are above the bar and are noisy. The music from the bar is as if it is playing in your room. I also suffered noise from a squeeking sign outside my window, it urgently needs some oil. This disturbed my sleep as did the toilet flushing in the room above me.
Good quality bed and bedding. Cleanliness average, dust found in room and shag pile carpets are not a good option for a Hotel bedroom as they are hard to clean.

Breakfast very average for a Restauarnt that has 1 AA Rosette. Tea served in a broken tea pot, no choice of juices, cearals or cold items, only cooked food, which was good. Restauarnt area looking tired and a little shabby for a Restauarnt of this standard.

Nothing to complain about as such but not 5 stars and not worth £85 per night room only. Would not return.

Room Tip: Avoid noisy room 3
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank James-TRIP
DarrenLince, Owner at Advocate Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to review my Hotel.

I was very concerned with some of your comments, and examined your room is some detail the day after you posted your review with my Manager and Housekeeper.

I didn't find any evidence that the room was not clean, and checked the top of the TV, the lights, the top of skirtings etc (where dust can gather and be missed) and was actually pleased with what I found. The carpets are of a thick pile, and we get plenty of positive comments about, but although thick, they are also polypropolene, so can be cleaned with anything (including bleach) to ensure that there are no stains etc. We have our carpets steam cleaned every 6 months in the rooms.

What I did completely agree with was the squeaking of the sign, and this has now been resolved, and my apologies for any discomfort this gave you.

On the breakfast menu there is the choice of fruit juices and cereals, this may have just been missed, but I can assure you there is a full range, as most of the breakfasts served to the business sector are continental as opposed to cooked.

Best wishes,

Darren Lince

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is an excellent little hotel situated in the centre of Market Rasen. We stayed on a Sunday night and found the rooms to be first class and breakfast, although an extra was well worth it, the quality and value could not be faulted.The only drawback to be aware of is that in Market Rasen on a Sunday the only restaurant open after 6.30pm is an Indian (which has a very limited English choice for those not liking Indian food) which was of a good standard and not unreasonable, 4 of us cost less than £100 including wine.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa
Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa

Been to Advocate Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!