“Absolutely fabulous!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Market Rasen
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am not going to rant on about how amazing this place is, you need to go try it for yourself!
This place was nicer than others that I have paid three times the amount for.

What really impressed me was the extended service offered- one of the staff really went out of their way to do something to benefit our stay. Also a small detail which was lovely- guest guide contained events happening in and around the area at the time of our stay. Had we not other commitments we would have stayed another night to attend the next day event listed.

If I could wish for anything there it would be the option of fresh fruit breakfast, a cocktail list and botanicals on the balcony and of course the owner and staff many more happy customers coming their way!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with a balcony this friday, very quiet and private
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leila0o

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just stayed overnight after a fantastic evening for a 40th party.
The service and attention we were given were second to none and we felt very welcome . The food was very good and there was a good selection of breakfast .
We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
London
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is not a Hotel but a Restauarnt with rooms but with 5 AA stars. It does not meet with this level of star rating. I booked a twin room but was given a double. They did sort it well by giving us 2 rooms for the price of 1.

The rooms are above the bar and are noisy. The music from the bar is as if it is playing in your room. I also suffered noise from a squeeking sign outside my window, it urgently needs some oil. This disturbed my sleep as did the toilet flushing in the room above me.
Good quality bed and bedding. Cleanliness average, dust found in room and shag pile carpets are not a good option for a Hotel bedroom as they are hard to clean.

Breakfast very average for a Restauarnt that has 1 AA Rosette. Tea served in a broken tea pot, no choice of juices, cearals or cold items, only cooked food, which was good. Restauarnt area looking tired and a little shabby for a Restauarnt of this standard.

Nothing to complain about as such but not 5 stars and not worth £85 per night room only. Would not return.

Room Tip: Avoid noisy room 3
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank James-TRIP
DarrenLince, Owner at Advocate Arms Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to review my Hotel.

I was very concerned with some of your comments, and examined your room is some detail the day after you posted your review with my Manager and Housekeeper.

I didn't find any evidence that the room was not clean, and checked the top of the TV, the lights, the top of skirtings etc (where dust can gather and be missed) and was actually pleased with what I found. The carpets are of a thick pile, and we get plenty of positive comments about, but although thick, they are also polypropolene, so can be cleaned with anything (including bleach) to ensure that there are no stains etc. We have our carpets steam cleaned every 6 months in the rooms.

What I did completely agree with was the squeaking of the sign, and this has now been resolved, and my apologies for any discomfort this gave you.

On the breakfast menu there is the choice of fruit juices and cereals, this may have just been missed, but I can assure you there is a full range, as most of the breakfasts served to the business sector are continental as opposed to cooked.

Best wishes,

Darren Lince
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent little hotel situated in the centre of Market Rasen. We stayed on a Sunday night and found the rooms to be first class and breakfast, although an extra was well worth it, the quality and value could not be faulted.The only drawback to be aware of is that in Market Rasen on a Sunday the only restaurant open after 6.30pm is an Indian (which has a very limited English choice for those not liking Indian food) which was of a good standard and not unreasonable, 4 of us cost less than £100 including wine.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was my "home from home" from October 2012 to January 2013 and I can't commend it enough. The food was excellent and locally sourced; it is really good to eat at a reastaurant where quality is more important than quantity; but the servings were not small as a result. The a la carte menu changed regularly and there were always some daily specials. Wednesday is Italian Night and features some of the best Italian food I've had outside Italy, and a very good Grappa to finish the meal!
The rooms are all well appointed and the beds very comfortable (I threatened to take mine away with me!).
As Arnie would say "I'll be back"!

Room Tip: Room 2 was my favourite, but if you like plenty of space and a private patio ask for room 6!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Modern surroundings, friendly attentive staff. Sunday lunch was a delight. 6 people, 3 courses, drinks and coffees £120.00 very reasonable for superb food, good selection to suit everyone. Our first visit after recommendation from friends.......won't be our last. Check it out you won't be disappointed !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Have stayed at the Advocate Arms on quite a few occasions and have always been impressed. Great rooms, lovely food, brilliant breakfasts and very friendly service. I found the hotel to be great value for money, with all the rooms being to a suprisingly high spec. The staff have always been friendly and very helpful. I have always enjoyed the food at breakfast and in the restaurant. The porridge is the best I have ever had at a hotel.

Room Tip: I've stopped in 5, 7 and 10 - all great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa
Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel
Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel

Been to Advocate Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!