“I felt like I underpaid...”

York Bird of Prey Centre
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Huby
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: York Bird Of Prey Centre is home to over 80 Stunning Birds Of Prey. Including owls, vultures, hawks, falcons and even eagles! We pride ourselves on giving a HANDS ON EXPERIENCE here so we have an exciting daily program which includes flying demonstrations, regular educational talks, and the opportunity to handle our birds throughout the day. We offer one to one experience packages which gives customers an experience they will never forget, we are also available for outside events such as school visits, weddings and other functions. Sponsorship packages are also available for all of our birds, and we do run several special events throughout the season such as car shows, and photography days! Check out our website for further details! Please note we are disabled accessible, we have an onsite cafe serving cold food and hot drinks, unfortunately dogs are not allowed on site. We are also closed on Tuesdays and would also close in severe rain and wind. Please contact us for any further information!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We bought a Groupon voucher like many previous reviewers have and we had a great visit and an absolute bargain even without the discount. The array of birds at the centre is quite vast and the flying displays are great. The staff are friendly, engaging and very accommodating - even helpfully suggesting better vantage points for photographs.

The whole experience just seemed to open up the world of falconry for us where before it seemed to be quite an inaccessible sport. I truly believe the staff (all volunteers) really care for the birds and their welfare.

We will definitely be back to go on one of the falconry days!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)
All reviews
"well worth a visit"
in 68 reviews
"whole family"
in 23 reviews
"excellent value for money"
in 20 reviews
"interesting facts"
in 14 reviews
"cakes"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had a wonderful day at the York Bird Of Prey Centre, easy to get to from York even if you do not take the car a short bus ride will get you their. My husband & I went on a groupon ticket & spent more than half a day their. We were able to hold a number pf birds of prey as well as watch some of them fly, one of the nice things is that they can fly for as long as they want, they will always some back to where they live. We were also able to stroke some of them & the centre also had a breeding program. One of the highlights was being able to hold & stroke a beautiful Golden Eagle called Shadow, we felt so privileged to be among such beautiful majestic birds. Well worth a visit for anyone.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The staff were all very friendly and clearly knowledgeable. The cafe was v good value, and a bargain when you compare to other similar days out! The flying display was well executed and the whole experience is very hands on compared to others

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

What can I say, the staff (volunteers) are friendly, it is apparent straight away that they know and love the birds, I went with family and had the best 5hrs of my life. Saw some truly amazing birds of prey and got to handle a vast majority of them. Great for kids too as there is a lot of interaction. I learnt alot too. I would highly recommend this to anyone and will definitely be visiting again. This is a little gem of an experience and costs next to nothing. If I could give it a million stars I would

1  Thank Brent S