“Cracking food and quality beer”
Review of The Mended Drum

The Mended Drum
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Huby
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 01347 810264On Facebook
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have eaten in the Mended Drum on a number of occasions and each time i have a fantastic meal. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I live locally and i am so pleased to have this on my doorstep!

There are newer reviews for The Mended Drum

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went with my fiancé last weekend and what a gorgeous pub. We both decided to have steaks and wow, we were not disappointed, I'm a bit fussy but my steak was perfect and my fiancé said it was one of the best steaks he had ever had. As others have also mentioned, the chips are absolutely delicious, its so nice having proper chips! We felt really welcome and the open fire was great and warmed us up nicely, we will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu!

1  Thank YorkieMonkey
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Fairly basic pub. Menu is standard pub food. Selection of sandwiches, fish and chips, pie and chips, burger and chips, lasagne etc. I had the burger which was OK if a little dry. Nice dark porter beer was on . Friendly staff and fairly cosy pub

Reviewed January 10, 2013

After having a awful breakfast at the tulip inn, we came across this pub by chance on the way home from York. I'm so pleased that we did.
When we went in we got a lovely warm welcome from the landlord and the locals. Had a beautiful cup of coffee. My fiancé had a proper pint in a proper handled pint glass! Which the landlord gave him a sample of before choosing, I case he didn't like it.
The food is absolutely A* I had hunters chicken- proper chicken breast with lashings of bacon and cheese. HOME MADE CHIPS!!! Mt fiancé had the surf and turf which was fantastic. Beautiful steak with no gristle or chewy bits- cooked perfect.
Brilliant service nice and warm open fire.
To top off our evening meal we had a couple of games of pool. To which we had our drinks brought to us while we played.
We would most defiantly come here again. Top local pub with brilliant service. I would highly recommend to anyone.
Thanks for a lovely evening :)

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have been to the Mended Drum several times for a meal (and to their acoustic nights). We decided to treat ourselves to a Christmas meal. We called on 18th December. The meal was absolutely delicious and great value for money. It is such a welcoming village pub with its open fire in the bar and log burner in the restaurant. Once again the staff did us proud (thank you). Will definitely be back

1  Thank liz2906