“Good value and great service.”

South Milford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Milford
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good value and great service.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We (2 adults and 2 children) stayed one night to attend a celebration just South of York. The location off the A1 was perfect, the room was nicely decorated and very clean and tidy.The staff were exceptionally friendly, particularly Brian on reception and the breakfast team. Pool is dated but clean and well maintained. Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Fox A
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at South Milford Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay, I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time.
It is always good to receive positive feedback regarding our team and I have passed on your comments regarding Brian and the Restaurant Team.
Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
London
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Hotel is newly refurbished and is actually quite nice. Service is good and staff are friendly. Rooms are quite big and have all usual amenities. Hotel has also a swimming pool but is probably most suited for family visit and children. Excellent breakfast but dinner is not so good. Highly recommended

Room Tip: If you suffer from astigmatism ask for a room that hasn't got stripped curtains or small dots on...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to hear you were happy with our staff and service and have passed your comments to them.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel if you are in the area again.
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was the worst Christmas break myself and my sister have ever had in our lives. It took us eight hours to get to Selby in Yorkshire by Shearings coach. Driver was unsociable. Reception was cold and uninviting. One small Christmas tree and no other decorations. Room I was in had a leaking toilet, rooms had no drawers, Room they moved me into had no wardrobe, had to hang clothes over chair. Dining room had no decorations or table cloths to make us feel like it was Christmas. Had to keep asking to put music on. One elderly gentleman sang on Christmas day night for one hour. I had too ring my husband up to come and pick me and my sister Bernice up on the Thursday which was Boxing Day, along with another couple, we were so disillusioned, and unhappy we could not wait to get back home. One couple was so disappointed that they went home on Christmas Day, they was very lucky that they had their own car. I think everybody on that coach trip with Shearings deserve a full refund by Shearings. I would not recommend anyone to book in at this hotel at Christmas. Manager was always seemed to be unavailable.

Room Tip: I would advise anyone to ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review following your stay over the Christmas period. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. We have worked closely with your tour operator to investigate all issues raised and you should now have had a reply direct from them. I apologise again for the shortfall in service you received.

Travelers are raving about these South Milford hotels

Somerset Village, Bermuda
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were driving from the NE Scotland down to Suffolk & this was approx halfway mark & close to our route so gave it a go....... its an OK hotel..... staff were very accommodating when our initial room had stuff missing they just changed without hesitation....wifi only worked in reception area unfortunately. The bar food was close at hand & reasonable without having to head back out to find a restaurant & do more driving. Value was good & room was clean.

Room Tip: If you want WiFi ask for a room near reception.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent stay, i am pleased that you found the hotel to be good value.
We are currently having the WiFi reviewed with a view to upgrading if needed to meet guests expectations and I am sorry to encountered an issue with this when you stayed.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and I was in a refurbished room which was lovely but cold as there was only a silly wee electric heater on the wall which was useless. I asked at reception for additional heat which was promptly supplied and from then on my room was cosy.A real radiator in the room would make all the difference. It was a bit of a treck to the dining room I have to say. The food was lovely especially the sausages and the staff very
all very helpful and pleasant.I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Birthdaygirl006
Thank you your recent review.
I apologise for the issue with the heating and this is currently being looked into, I am however, pleased that your request for additional heating was met promptly by our staff.
I have passed on your comments regarding the staff being helpful and pleasant, it is always good to hear positive comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you be visiting the area again.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Why on earth Shearings booked this Hotel for a Xmas Break for a coach load of people looking to enjoy and festive break beats me. We arrived at about 3pm on Monday 23rd December. We entered the reception area to find a small Xmas Tree and no other decorations at all. We were offered coffer and mince pies. The reception area was cold and unwelcoming. My room was like an ice box. After complaining I was given an oiled filled heater which I left on continually night and day which took the chill off. The bathroom had no heating in at all. The dining area was cold and looked like a works canteen. Not a table cloth in sight. No effort had been made to make this hotel a cheerful place to spent a xmas break. I do not think the staff were geared up for a coach load of people looking for a good time at xmas. No entertainment to speak off. Just a elderly gentleman who sang a few very old fashioned songs to taped music on Xmas Eve for a hour. There was no escape. With a motor way on one side and a duel carriage way on the other there was no where to go we where stuck.I have written to Shearing a letter of complaint. Hopefully they will take note. When people are asking relatives to come and fetch them back their has to be a great deal wrong with the place. For those of us who were not so lucky we had to grin and bear it until Friday. A Christmas lost for us, sadly.I hope others in our party have complained to Shearings and asked for compensation for the buck ends with them they sent us their. Had they done their homework they would have known that this hotel was not up to their usual standard. Christmas with Shearings is usually a jolly time. Not this time. What a farce.
One good thing the food was very nice, no complaints their.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been refurbished.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shirley B
Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your Christmas Break. We are extremely sorry for the short fallings in the service given.
The hotel works with many tour operators, however on this occasion we failed to deliver guests expectations for which we apologise.
We have worked closely with your tour operator and you should have now had a response from them directly.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was my second stay here in the last year and this time I was in a refurbished room. The refurbishment is excellent - the bathroom was huge. There was a serious lack of sockets in the room but otherwise the refurbishment has been good.

The staff were great and the food decent enough.

The big problem with this hotel is that it is effectively a load of prefab cabins and boy was it cold. I'm not into green issues but I would bet this hotel has a carbon footprint the size of Yorkshire. The bathroom was like an ice box and despite having two portable heaters in the room, I was still freezing as the radiators lost the fight to the single pane windows and the high ceilings.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am thrilled that you like the hotel refurbishment.
I have passed on your comments to the team regarding the staff and the food.
We are currently looking into the heating issues and hope to have them resolved in the very near future.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next visiting the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Milford
Days Inn Wetherby
Days Inn Wetherby
#1 of 3 in Wetherby
Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth

Been to South Milford Hotel? Share your experiences!