As a birthday surprsise for my wife (a real 'foodie') I booked a one night midweek dinner, bed and breakfast break to Matfen Hall. Although it was a 150 mile journey each way, I was convinced to book by the sheer number of excellent reviews - and suffice to say we were not disappointed in any way. The location is superb and the staff are very friendly and thoroughly professional, but not in any way intrusive. Our room was spotless and our evening meal in the Library restaurant was extremely good and imaginative. The Library is very impressive with the traditional very high ceilings and tables far enough apart to provide suitable privacy for everyone. Breakfast was also excellent. Although it was a long way to travel for a one-night stay, we were both so impressed that we plan to return in 2014. Totally recommended without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland