Stayed for a spa package overnight in July. Upon booking it the staff were extremely helpful whilst I negotiated what I wanted. They even permitted us to bring the dog. I was also given a balcony room as a free upgrade, after trying my luck & asking after everything was sorted. I thought this was a nice touch, and so did the dog, as she had her own little outdoor play area. The area around the hotel is very pretty & it's in a lovely village location. The only down side was the spa seemed to be needing a bit of work. The large steam room wasn't working & neither was the ice fountain. I only booked it 24 hrs prior, and as it looked as if both had been out of action for a while, it would have been nice to be told that some of the spa areas weren't working. On the plus side the spa treatment I had was lovely & relaxing. The breakfast was nice, but not particularly filling. The staff were all lovely. All in all, whilst not perfect, it was a lovely place to spend a night away, it's a beautiful period building in a lovely rural Northumberland village with extremely friendly locals...go visit the black bull pub too, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Otel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Orbitz so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland