We stayed for two nights Bed & Breakfast. This is a gem of an Hotel where they understand the meaning of friendly helpful service, the room we stayed in was lovely with Oak Beams, very clean, tidy and spacious. The fine dining experience in the Library Resturant was FANTASTIC. the food was to die for and in my opinion at about £40 per head for three courses, this is very good value for money. All in all with a nice bottle of wine it came to about £105. My only regret is that we didnt book a Dinner Bed & Breakfast rate which we most certainly will do next time has this will provide even better value for money. WE WILL BE BACK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Otel, Agoda, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland