Four of us, two friends, my wife and I have just spent three days at Matfen Hall and it was excellent in every way. Every member of the staff was always very helpful, welcoming and smiling. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone from the receptionist to the room cleaner. The food was up to 5 star quality presented and served to to a standard which was perfection.
There was one fault in our visit. It snowed and was very cold so we did not get a good look around the area. Good reason to return. Oh yes!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland