Stayed at the lovely Matfen Hall for my birthday with 3 friends on a special deal through an online booking agent, but even if we had paid double, I'd still have been delighted.
Our room was gorgeous and massive, the bed was super comfy and the bathroom was second to none with lovely toiletries.
The spa facilities were great with a good size pool, lovely jacuzzi and several different sauna/steam room options - you could easily spend the whole afternoon pampering yourself and despite it being a Friday afternoon, it wasn't too busy at all.
Dinner in the conservatory was brilliant - steak cooked to perfection and quick, friendly service.
Breakfast was even better with a huge selection and your own hot food cooked to order - I left absolutely stuffed!
Should also mention that the surroundings and views are beautiful too - everything about our stay was just perfect and relaxing and I'd come back in a heart beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland